Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    george65000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Penis pain
    Hi
    I have noticed recently that there is a band of tight skin around the base of my penis. Its quite painfull when I get an erection, it feels like the skin is going to split. When flaccid the area is hard and bumpy. Any ideas on what this night be and how it can be sorted?
    Stormy69 Posts: 290, Reputation: 98

May 16, 2006, 05:40 PM
    If it is bothersome to you have it looked at by a Dr. It could be a number of different things, With out a visual it can't be determined via this forum.
    Best bet is see a Dr. I hope it works out for you. Take care
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

May 17, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Symptom: Penis pain - WrongDiagnosis.com

Check here for more information.

From the sounds of it you don't want to play around got to the doctor.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Hi,
    Have you had sex lately?
    Could be an infection, fungus, etc.
    As other answers have stated, I would definitely see a Doctor as soon as possible. It could also be other things, and would be hard to guess.
    Best of luck.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 2, 2006, 08:11 PM
    I suggest that you consult a physician. Here is some info that is relevant.

There are many things which can cause pain of the penis. Priapism is one of them. Priapism, or an erection that lasts longer than it should damages the areas that fill the penis with blood and causes scarring sometimes immediate impotence. However in other cases where the erection has been of shorter duration scarring occurs and can accumulate as the episodes continue and eventually can result in impotence. The pain you feel at the base might be the scarring. The urologist can tell is scarring has occurred via palpation.

Also, some men place rubber bands around the base of the penis to make the erection harder by preventing proper natural blood flow. This also can damage the blood reservoirs and lead to the condition mentioned above.

Excerpt
    Pain - penis; Priapism
    Causes

Trauma (such as from excessive manipulation)
    Bites, either human or insect
    Pimples or any surface lesion
    Genital herpes (visible lesions or sores are often preceded by 5 or 6 days of burning, itching or pain at the site of infection)
    Inflammation of the prostate gland (prostatitis)
    Syphilis (can produce a painless penile sore)
    Nonspecific urethritis caused by chlamydia and gonorrhea
    Infection under the foreskin of uncircumcised men (balanitis)
    Reiter's syndrome
    Priapism (persistent erection)
    Peyronie's disease
    Cancer of the penis
    Infected penile prosthesis
    Sickle cell anemia

http://www.baylorhealth.com/HealthIn...n/1/003166.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hip Pain [ 3 Answers ]

I have been experiencing mild internal pain on right side around hip. My family Doc has done blood and other prelim tests including ultrasound and found nothing alarming. After 2 months it seems it is showing up again with constant pain increasing while coughing, changing position etc. Want to...

Hip Pain [ 9 Answers ]

:mad: I have hip pain and walk with a cane.My MD tells me I will need a operation. He told me to lose 50 pounds and have the operation next year. My problem is the pain medication no longer works.He tells me if he gives me anything stronger I would be addicted to drugs. I hope I can find can a...

Pain after sex [ 3 Answers ]

I'm married, have no kids, and have been having sex now for two and a half years. Up until about 3 months ago, the sex was great, with no pain at all. Then, I would notice that after sex, the inside of my vagina would hurt. Also, the outer area of my vagina swells after sex. I can only have sex...

Pain after sex [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering why I get horrible pain after being fingered by my b/f ?

Pain: [ 5 Answers ]

What has God done to deal with the evil and pain of the world? HANK :(

View more questions Search