Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    Irritated Skin around Genitle Region

    Asked Jun 1, 2007, 05:16 AM 5 Answers
    Hello all, about a year ago I had athletes foot. I have also gone Commando around the same time and sometimes I think I would not wash in between touching the two areas. It never occurred to me until one day I found myself rubbing the irritated skin between my scrotum and inner thighs (both sides). When I looked in the mirror I noticed darker shades around my inner thighs about the same size as what my scrotum would hang. I attempted a few different ways of going about curing including rubbing skin moisturizer, rubbing alcohol, or even more baths in a given day. I notice that at times the skin can be very sensitive, itchy, and sticky. Other times the skin feels rough, and very dry, almost to the point that you could flake skin. Over the past year the area in which the irritation is has grow, now from around my inner cheeks down in between my legs and around where my pubic hairs should normally grow. The irritation has NOT gone up the shaft of my cock and stops right at the base. Please also note that I ususaly have the entire regions shaved or trimmed, and yes I have attempted to let those areas grow naturally and the problem still persisted.

    My 3 questions that I need help answering is:

    1) does this sound like a STD of any kind? Do these symptoms ring any bells?
    2) Is this only skin irritation and if so what common cures do you think I should try?
    3) I have gathered enough strength to go see a doctor but would you recommend a family doctor or a skin specialist?

    Your patience for reading this long post and your answers are much appreciated.

    Last edited by Cocky_sensitive; Jun 1, 2007 at 05:24 AM.
    Search this Question
    Share |
    5 Answers
    maroy315's Avatar
    maroy315 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0
    New Member

    Jun 1, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Your problem is not an STD but only a simple skin irritation, have it washed with soap daily dry it with towel and apply some talcum powder and you'll see the effect after 3 days or better consult your family doctor.
    kepi's Avatar
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25
    Full Member

    Jun 1, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I would advise you to wash the area and pat-dry it, and like maroy suggested, use some baby powder (Non-scented is available). What you could also try is an Anti-Athlete's Foot oitment. It'd be a good idea to apply some in the even that you transferred the Athlete's Foot to your groin area.
    Cocky_sensitive's Avatar
    Cocky_sensitive Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Wow thank you for your responses so far, a while ago I have tried using GoldBond foot cream and it did not seem to take much effect, but I will defiently try out the pat drying and baby powder :) thank you for the support guys, if you come up with anything else please let me know, I'm all ears
    RubyPitbull's Avatar
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

    Jun 3, 2007, 06:39 PM
    What kind of soap do you use? Don't use an antibacterial soap or Ivory soap. Too drying on the skin. Use a moisturizing soap like Dove or Caress. Then do as suggested above. Pat dry & baby powder. If that doesn't clear it up in a few days, try Kepi's suggestion of using an cream. You can find it in the section where they sell products for athletes foot. Check the labels carefully. Use one that specifically states for athletes foot and jock itch. Put it on after patting skin dry. Forego the baby powder on top of the cream until it clears up, then once it does, switch to the baby powder.
    Cocky_sensitive's Avatar
    Cocky_sensitive Posts: 3, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 5, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Ive been sticking with the Baby powder (with Aloe Vera & Vitamin E.) suggestion after patting down. Ive noticed the shade starting to fade a bit and way less itch. A lot LESS ITCH. It does get uncomfortable thou with the new texture so I have been switching between boxer briefs, Boxers, and commando day by day. I have not paid attention to the soap as much as I should have, I recently purchased Equate (1/4 Moisturizing Cream) but while reading the last reply, I took a good look and noticed it said Sented. This may be of a concern overtime.

    I will attempt to try this out until the weekend, then I may look into a possible cream for jock itch.

    Thank you all once again, I will keep you all posted =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hard Bumps, under the skin in the pubic region [ 8 Answers ]

Pretty much what it says. It started with one hard bump under the skin above my penis, in the pubic region, it feels hard, and its red. But the bump is under the skin. Can't squeeze it, no discharge, and no itching or any uncomfort. But now after waiting a week, two more bumps have appeared, in...

Best way to bleach skin and Still have a smooth and even tone skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been bleaching my skin but I have darker knuckles and elbows etc and uneven skin tone. Can some one please tell me which skin bleaching lotion to use to have an even skin tone and get darker knuckles, elbows, etc and also best way to bleach skin ...

DVD Region question [ 1 Answers ]

If I was to buy a DVD, bought in Australia (region4) would I be able to play it on a UK DVD player (region 2)? Thank You

Red, irritated eye sensative to light feels like there is something in it. [ 1 Answers ]

My right ieyes is very irritated. It is red, feels like something is in it and is very sensitive to light. It was draining some.. :confused:

View more questions Search