Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

May 5, 2009, 06:24 AM

A friend of mine has a dog with pancreatitis. Her vet told her that feeding people food can increase the chance of this condition. Scraps also contribute towards dogs being over weight. I read the other day in my vets that a single slice of toast to a dog is equivalent to a hamburger to a human. The trouble is as well, that people forget to reduce their dogs regular dinner to compensate for the scraps they have been given.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 5, 2009, 07:18 AM

That is true sajjw.
    Weight is a big issue with table scraps...
    We also had a dog with pancreatitis, she had to be put on a special diet.
    Little bits here and there are not an issue but fatty foods every day is a problem.
    puppylove08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 03:34 PM

We feed our dog Science Diet. Even though the prices are raising, we've noticed so many positive changes with it, that we're sticking to it. When he came to us, he had droopy bloodshot eyes with discharge, and now he has perfect eyes, and his coat is beautiful. Our vet has consistently recommended this brand, and we love it.
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

May 5, 2009, 03:49 PM

Different dogs may respond differently to brands of dog food I guess. When I fed my dogs Science Diet they had poor coats and just plain didn't do well on the stuff at all.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 04:37 AM

Lol I don't think MacDonalds will ever really be a good food lol... I'm not a fan of processed hamburger. My friend switched from beniful to science diet and it has improved his pets coats, leavings and eyes by quite a bit.
    lovemydoodle2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2009, 03:16 PM

I feed my dog Iams healthy naturals, which was the most recommended brand by my vet.
    gamegodessss Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Science diet lamb and rice formula :) I use to feed beneful But changed to science diet and will never go back :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

My dog would not eat dog food and homemade dog food [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a dog she is small and mix she is 2 year old when I got her she would eat her food but know she would not eat dog food and homemade dog food I giver her alots of food but she would not eat it what do you think I should do Help

Food poisoning, or Food allergy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. Greetings first of all. Well, see, on Tuesday morning I felt fine, nothing seemed to be wrong. Went to work at a restaurant, 3 hours cause it's split shift. Came back home and was supposed to go back to work at 5pm. Right around that time I started to feel bloated, and had lots of gas. Then...

Is it good to mix dry with wet food [ 17 Answers ]

My 6 month old maltese didn't want to eat at the time So I bought some ceaser puppy food And mixed a little bit in with the royal canine puppy food And he ate it all, But can you do that or is it bad?

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

View more questions Search