Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2012, 04:15 PM
    Antibiotic dosing
    Last week, I got a blood infection on my finger. Thankfully it didn't progress any farther than streaking and swelling.

My doctor got me on an aggressive dose of doxycycline. (I can't take any other class, I'm allergic to 'cillin' types and sulfa drugs)

This morning, I slept in on accident (was up late, worried about a friend) and I couldn't for the life of me remember if I had taken my dose when I woke up (at about noon) or not!

I'm supposed to take it once in the morning and once at night.

Do I assume I missed the dose and take one now?

Or do I assume I took it, and just take my evening dose?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
    MISSED DOSE:
    If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.

Source:Doryx (Doxycycline Hyclate) Drug Overview of Drug Interactions and Missed Dose for Patients and Caregivers at RxList

Hope your feeling better.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
    And of course a quick call to the doctors office to confirm with a nurse there, or a call to your druggist to double check
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Thank you both! I won't double dose. Hopefully I DID take it. But if not, oh well.

Ladysam I am feeling MUCH better. It was from an ingrown hang nail on my middle finger. Once the antibiotics helped bring down the swelling, I was able to use nail clippers to get up under my cuticle and clip the nail off. It feels SO SO SO MUCH better now
    Thank you :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic chemical dosing for chilled water system [ 1 Answers ]

For chilled water system I would like to know to best way to connect the automatic chemical dosing .and where we have to to take the ph reading from supply or return line.and where we should fix the dosing point in supply or return line I wish to get answer for this question with convincable...

Vitamin Dosing System for water [ 2 Answers ]

What is Vitamin Dosing System for water. Is this a new technology for water treatment? How efficient is it? Is it costly? What is this vitamin consists of? And if there is any treatment I can visit to help in this regard?

Can't think of the name of the antibiotic [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with the kind of antibiotic that is a pink pill and while you are taking it you are not supposed to eat any dairy products or get direct sunlight?

View more questions Search