Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bellabae Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 01:21 AM
    Heart Murmur?
    I'm not sure if I spelled it right , but the doctor told me I have a heart murmur yet failed to explain what it is.. can somebody please explain? Are they bad? Is it hurting me?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 1, 2012, 04:34 AM
    Not entirely uncommon and usually not a lot to worry about, no won't cause you pain. A heart murmur is caused, at times, by a leaking valve or an anomaly of different blood vessels in the heart.

You really must not wait for a doctor to explain when diagnosing you. You have to ask questions and be proactive about your health so you are prepared.

My mother had a heart murmur and lived to 95 without any medication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heart murmur, palpitations, pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

I am only about a week pregnant and I have a pre-existing heart murmur and am having chest pains and palpitations what do I need to do?

Tell me what are my chances of having a heart attack or heart problems [ 2 Answers ]

OK first of all my grandpa had 3 heart attacks and 4 heart failures my grandmother has had heart problems my dad has heart problems and my uncle died of a heart attack. So are my chances high

Intestinal illness and heart murmur in 16-month vizsla [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is sick. He is a 16-month-old intact male vizsla. Before last week he was a healthy, happy boy who loves to hunt birds and go for long runs down on the farm. Last Wednesday he had one small vomit (my husband and I were still at work) - mostly grass and a little yellow foam but seemed...

Heart murmur [ 3 Answers ]

I have a kitten who is seven months old. I went to get my kitten fixed last week. The vet said that he couldn't do the surgery because he said my kitten was born with a heart murmur and that if he did the surgery he may not wake up. So the question I'm asking that I hope you can help me with is do...

View more questions Search