Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ModibyBob Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 08:17 AM
    OTC Asthma Inhalers. .
    Hello. This is my first post ever so bear with me if I sound dumb or whatever. Anyway, I suffer from mild Asthma, and I was wondering if there is a website which offers OTC Inhalers, because Albuterol feels like it irritates my lungs so I want to try something else. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.:)
    reccles Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Sep 6, 2007, 05:17 AM
    The only "approved" OTC inhalers are just inhaled epinephrine. I'd stay away from them if possible. Although the AMA states that they can be safe and effective, at least 20% of people using them should not be. If you have discussed their use with your doctor and have been properly educated then I guess you're OK.

Is Albuterol the only other medication you've tried? Could it be that you weren't using it properly and that was causing the irritation? Were you using a spacer with the inhaler? There are a number of other rx medications available. Just let your doctor know about the Albuterol and he/she can try a different med.

The above is for information purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. You should always contact your personal physician with any questions or concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asthma [ 9 Answers ]

Can you be on steroids and not gain weight

Sunburn treatment -- OTC [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a miracle treatment for sunburn... Is there any magic way to treat sunburn I don't think baby oil is the answer Maybe I'm looking for a moisterizer...

My brother has asthma [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everybody. I’m a newbie. Well, my name is Karen and I stay in London. I have a little brother and the latter is an asthma patient….he has respiration problems. Since 2 years he is suffering from this ailment….I’m really worried about him. I read an article about a certain medicine...

Time needed between Tape & other OTC dewormers [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter misdiagnosed what type of worms her puppy has (she definitely has Tapeworms), so I purchased Evict and administered it two days ago. Now I need to give an over the counter Tape worm medication and wonder how much time, if any, is required between the two different wormers?

View more questions Search