Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottLwood Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Chantix.any luck
    Has anyone used the drug chantix to quite smoking? My wife has been taking it for a couple of weeks now, she has cut down drastically (1-2 packs a day, now 1-5 smokes a day) but not completely quit. She wants me to try this so I thought I would ask how the success has been. I smoke 2-3 packs a day and I know I need to quit. Im not looking for any lectures that I need to quit, I already know this. Thanks
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 07:14 PM
    My oldest brother has started taking Chantix and has been using it for the past three months now. He used to smoke 2-3 packs a day and needed to quit because of his heart. He has not completely quit yet but now a pack of cigarettes lasts 5 days. I am proud of him!
    blh312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottLwood
    Has anyone used the drug chantix to quite smoking? My wife has been taking it for a couple of weeks now, she has cut down drastically (1-2 packs a day, now 1-5 smokes a day) but not completly quit. She wants me to try this so i thought i would ask how the success has been. I smoke 2-3 packs a day and I know i need to quit. Im not looking for any lectures that i need to quit, i already know this. thanks
    I used to smoke about a pack a day (more when I was with other smokers). I started taking Chantix back in the beginning of October. Half way through the first week (once my dosage was increased from .5mg once a day to twice a day) I would get an upset stomach for 30 minutes to an hour after taking it. I also started to have trouble sleeping. By day 7 I was getting an upset stomach every time I had a cigarette and by day 8 I had finished the final pack from my last carton.

The medicine helped with the chemical addiction but does NOTHING for the behavioral addiction. It took me about a month and a half before I got over the behavioral side. Once I was beyond that I stopped taking the medicine. Right now I've been smoke free for about 4 months.
    montee77 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 09:45 AM
    I just starting taking Chantix. I have done much research, finding out about the awful side effects from different blogs online. I am ONLY going ahead with it because I need surgery and the surgeon won't do it unless I stop smoking. Oh, don't get me wrong, I want to quit and I have tried quiting several times using other methods. But using a drug that has ,1) been out there for only a year, 2) has been pushed through by the FDA because of the presidents 'Stop smoking Agenda' and, 3) has side effects that are sounding worse than the effects of the smoking itself! All sounds way too risky but what choice to I really have? I WOULD NOT be doing the Chantix accept that I am in a tremendous amount of pain and the surgery has a very high success rate and the potential to literally give me my life back. I just hope that the Chantix doesn't make my life worse in the long run so I'm praying this works. Just thot I'd throw my 2 cents in! Good luck and God BLess
    wakeupcall13 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Nov 23, 2009, 12:00 PM

I used Chantix and it helped me quit smoking. I had side affects (stomach) and only took it for three weeks but it really helped me through the worst part.
    I smoked 1.5 pack a day, 28 years. Not one puff for 11 months.
    It isn't total magic but it works... you have to work too.
    By smoking those few cigs, you are just prolonging and leaving yourself on that yo yo. Start the Chantix, smoke for the week then don't smoke anymore.
    Check out WhyQuit - the Internet's leading cold turkey quit smoking resource
    Best of luck to you.
    It is tough but wow does it feel great to be free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to win some luck [ 3 Answers ]

Asking the stars for some good luck this year - a way to secure a beautiful new home full of love and peace

F(5)=? Good luck!1 [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: a buddy of mine likes to post hard math questions on his myspace page for others to solve. This one is tough please help. Question of the every-couple-days-or-so No. 5 Current mood: amused Category: Quiz/Survey Try this one! f(1)=4989484820458683 f(2)=9894848204586834

Ugly Luck! [ 2 Answers ]

A deformed and ugly man walks into his local pub with a big grin on his face. "What are you so happy about?" asks the barman. "I'll tell you," replies the ugly man. "You know, I live by the railway. Well, on my way home last night, I noticed a young woman tied to the tracks, like in the...

Been trying 4 years no luck [ 4 Answers ]

Hi me and my boyfriend are both young he is 21 and I am 20 before you judge us we have both me wanting a child since we met when I was 16 and he was 17 well we have been trying for 4 years and we have had no luck we have tried many things we have even visited out gp but it feels as though she is...

I've tried everything but still no luck [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm having a problem with a lot of things. My os is win me and have 64mb ram but the ram isn't causing these problems cause I've tried 500mb and it changed nothing. My problems are that i.e. stops responding on heaps of sites including windows update and I have had this for a while but I can't...

View more questions Search