Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ctmom1976 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac59 View Post
    It's sounds like he'll be okay and have a daddy someday. After all, being a real dad doesn't have anything to do with biology!
    I know he'll be OK. To me,a real daddy is one who sticks around and raises his children(whether or not,they are biologically his). The man who fathered my son could have been a dadto my boy but he chose to run away and marry and father 2 other kids. The man who signed the birth certificate did play daddy for 6 months then jetted because I wouldn't let him control my every move. My son doesn't have a dad. I consider the man who fathered him to be a sperm donor. In reality,that's how it feels.
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Dec 26, 2008, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ctmom1976 View Post
    first of all,the real father wants nothing to do with us. secondly,the man who signed the birth certificate still loves me and wants me back,but he doesn't want to raise or support my son. i don't expect him to because he isn't really his dad. i don't want either of these men back.
    That is hard but I still say that you need to go to court and get the real father to pay the child support, if he doesn't want to see the child that may be better, but you deserve the help. As far as the man who loves you but not your child , I think you are smart to wh your hands of them both. There are some good men out there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by isabelle View Post
    That is hard but I still say that you need to go to court and get the real father to pay the child support, if he doesn't want to see the child that may be better, but you deserve the help. As far as the man who loves you but not your child , I think you are smart to wh your hands of them both. There are some good men out there.
    I agree that trying to get the bio father to support the child, at least financially, is the optimum move. But we all know how difficult that can be. In some cases the amount of support they would get is not needed and not worth the effort.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Father's rights and mother's rights [ 7 Answers ]

If a father has given up DNA testing at child's birth, does he still have to give up parental rights to the child?:(

Father's rights [ 2 Answers ]

What state laws apply for parental rights, when both parents are military and not married. Mom lives in Maryland and is a Pennsylvania resident. Dad lives in Japan and is a resident of North Dakota.

Father's rights [ 7 Answers ]

If a father does not sign a birth certificate at the time of the child's birth, does he have any rights over the child?

Father's rights [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old daughter and her father has known about her since I was 2 months pregnant. He told me that I had to have an abortion or give her up for adoption. He quit his job, changed his phone number and moved so that I couldn't find him. I didn't speak with him again until her second...

Father's Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend just had a baby, and now the father of the baby is taking her to court for custody (he is threatening to at least). My friend and the baby's father were never married, but he signed the birth certificate. My friend does not want to let him take the baby because he is an alcoholic,...

View more questions Search