Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snwbnny Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Is it possible for the doctor to be able to tell the sex of my baby at 17 weeks?
    I'll be 17 weeks when I see the doctor in about a week and 3 days... I just wanted to know if she will be able to tell the sex
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2008, 02:34 PM
    Usually when the ultrasound is done they can sometimes tell.
    I think around 14-16 weeks so they should be able to possibly tell at 17 weeks.
    sometimes/possibly=not always able to tell from the ultrasound.
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Jun 23, 2008, 02:41 PM
    I found out with my two boys at 17 weeks but with my daughter I didn't find out until 23 weeks so it depends on if the baby has it legs open well' good luck let us know
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2008, 03:01 PM
    Usual around 12 weeks they can se clearly the sex of the baby or anywhere near the end of the 1st trimster because the baby is fully develop, but at 17wks they can know if they get a clear view.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Jun 23, 2008, 03:59 PM
    I found out at exactly 17 weeks and we knew 99.9% we were having a boy, he had his legs spread open and was not shy one bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant, could the doctor be wrong? [ 6 Answers ]

OK I went to the doc they told me that I was 11 weeks and I am getting so biggg And I took 6 hpts and they either came back invald or negative up intill Sunday then it came back pos I have always been little and now I have a belly so can anyone help me and tell me what kind of questions to the...

I am 11 weeks pregnant, doctor says I'm 12.5 though! [ 5 Answers ]

I just went for my first scan and the doctor said I was 12.5 weeks pregnant. I know the day conceived so I know I am only 11 weeks. Is it possible for the foetus to be just large? I read somewhere that the foetus is able to take a growth spurt and this may cause it to look older than it is. Is...

Naming your baby after the doctor? [ 14 Answers ]

So I'd like to give everyone an update the baby is fine so far we have our 7th ultrasound tomorrow ( due to the bleeding a few days ago), but so far everything looks good. So now to my question my wife has come up with this really "great " idea ( note that great is in quotes). She now thinks we...

8 weeks along tomorrow and doctor wants to do an ultrasound? [ 7 Answers ]

:D I went to my OB/GYN today for my first visit and we did the whole 9 yards... PAP test, blood work etc. My question follows this... she said that she wanted to do an ultrasound when I was 8 weeks (tomorrow) to see how big the baby is and see if the size matches up with my last period. One of my...

View more questions Search