Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !

    Medical doctor or chiropractor

    Asked Jan 28, 2014, 09:00 AM 4 Answers
    Good morning. I am a 50 year old female. During sex I fell on my neck and heard the bones in my neck "cracking". I am in no pain but my arm went numb. Its been three days since and my arm and hand are still numb. I only feel tingling. No pain at all. Should I go to a medical doctor or a chiropractor? Please advise. Thanks.

    Bejay42663, 50. Portsmouth, VA

    Last edited by Cat1864; Jan 28, 2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: removed email address
    Search this Question
    Share |
    4 Answers
    smearcase's Avatar
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

    Jan 28, 2014, 09:35 AM
    Medical Dr. first in my humble opinion.
    ballengerb1's Avatar
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,379, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

    Jan 28, 2014, 09:41 AM
    I rarely disagree with smearcase but this is right up the alley for a chiropractor. They have x ray machines and will likely do an x ray but then would align your spine. MD would do an x ray and likely prescribe meds
    CravenMorhead's Avatar
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

    Jan 28, 2014, 10:17 AM
    What kind of fancy Chiropractor do you go to?

    It sounds like you've thrown somthign out of alignment. Either or will work, but I would go to the doctor first. It is a pinched nerve and you will probably need physio for it as well. It is up to you, but I would err on the side of a doctor.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,496, Reputation: 2852
    Uber Member

    Jan 28, 2014, 10:32 AM
    I say doctor first... they might x-ray for bone damage or dislocation... but might order a MRI or CAT scan to look for soft tissue issues like a compressed nerve, herniated disc or other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor filled out medical paper [ 1 Answers ]

The doctor gave me a doctor note from June 7 until June 25 to be off I was denied FMLA because the doctor filled out the paper work wrong

Any way to get medical info without a doctor visit? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a serious problem with my body and I need some answers before an appointment

Florida medical doctor violations? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find any violations pertaining to a specific doctor

Back pain doctor or chiropractor? [ 6 Answers ]

I was bending over for about two or three minutes, I tried to get up but couldn't do it normally. It hurt like you know what! I can lay in bed and lift my knees to my chest, I CANNOT lift my leg up when it is straight. I bend over and it hurts tremendously and if I get up from a sitting...

Is there a medical doctor in the house? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if there was a medical doctor on the forum that I could talk to. I have some symptoms that are rather embarrassing to talk about "in public" and would appreciate an opinion on what you feel might be wrong with me. Thank you so much.

View more questions Search