Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KomodoDragon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 10:14 AM
    EtG about 70 hours after drinking
    I am a male, 180 pounds and about 6 ft tall. I drank approximately 9 beers Friday night over a span of about 3 hours. I've drank a moderate amount of water and have an above average metabolism. I've read plenty of other posts and am still worried. I just need some closure, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2011, 10:45 AM
    Using your figures and assuming 70 hours was from time of last drink your BAC would have been in the vicinity of .13 at that point. You would have been creating EtG for at least the next 6-1/2 hours. That is figuring your EtOH metabolism at .02 per hour (high). From BAC=0 that would leave about 63 hours for EtG elimination.

Helander found the median clearance time to be 66 hours (range 30-110 hrs) from BAC=0. These were averages based on 32 individuals in a detox unit (variable amounts consumed-therefore imprecise). (see Helander, et al, 2009)

Nevertheless, you are in a gray area. There is no precise answer to consumption above .08 BAC. Never dose measured. Overall, 13 isn't particularly high BAC. The odds are probably in your favor, but not by much.

Dec 20, 2011, 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I stopped drinking at midnight on Friday, so that actually leaves me with about 84 hours because I just took the test at one. How much would that improve my chances?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2011, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KomodoDragon View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I stopped drinking at midnight on friday, so that actually leaves me with about 84 hours because i just took the test at one. How much would that improve my chances?
    Immensely. Time is the most significant factor. Very seldom does even long term heavy drinking create EtG that is detectable above 78 hours.

Please let us know when you get the results.

Dec 20, 2011, 11:49 AM
    Sweet I feel much better you seen to know your stuff very well and for that I thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

ETG Test 63 hours [ 35 Answers ]

Dr Bill, I`m a 225 lb man. I drank on a Fri night till midnight, about 8 drinks and had to take an ETG test at 3 pm the following Monday 63 hours later. What are my chances of testing positive. Thanks Mike

Will I pass the EtG with drinking app. 51 hours ago? [ 1 Answers ]

I had gastric bypass 9 months ago. On Saturday I had a tall and a short beer with being done about 4pm. Today on Monday I had to take a EtG test at about 7pm. I did not know I was being tested and it was stupid to drink but do you think I will pass or fail?

Can I pass an EtG test after drinking 40 hours ago? [ 3 Answers ]

I drank a couple beers on Friday night. Saturday, I drank Bacardi & Sloe Gin. I stopped drinking before 12 a.m on Saturday night. I had my EtG test on Monday around 3. I ate in the middle of drinking, and before I went to bed. A lot. Like in all 4 burritos, a pizza, and chips. I don't know if that...

View more questions Search