Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lischro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Hpv and Stds
    I was dianosed with HPV almost a year ago. I have genital warts... about 5 small warts around the outside of my vagina and my upper, upper thighs. I currently treat them with Aldera but am still waiting for results. THe other day I noticed 2 new bumps, one on either side of my labia, that seem to be more red than skin colored warts that I already have. They do not hurt or itch and I do not have any abnormal vaginal odor or discharge. I have been with the same guy for 5 months and neither of us have been with anyone else so it's hard for me to think this is an STD. WIll anyone let me know if you've experienced something similar?

Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Genital warts IS an STD. It is possible it was laying dormant in your system prior to now.
    lischro Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I know that HPV is a sexually transmitted disease... however, with my question I was really wondering if these newer bumps seem like something else or if they are consistent with the hpv.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 02:35 PM
    Without a physical exam it's hard to say. I would bet that they are consistent with the HPV and that they have just spread to a different area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you get stds from. [ 6 Answers ]

Can you get stds if the other person doesn't have it and can u get it from givng head with out a condom

Pap smars and stds [ 2 Answers ]

Can gential warts show on a pap test ?:confused: And what can be sighns or symptons on gentail warts?:confused: And what do they feel like?:confused:

Pap smear/pelvic exams- stds? [ 2 Answers ]

I wasent sure where to ask this but I was wondering if paps and pelvic exams can tell if you have warts or herpes? I have had one done recently and was told that everything was OK but I'm kind of worried recently that past couple of days I have had a few pimples down there and I wasent sure if this...

View more questions Search