Is an overdose on Atenolol serious?
Asked Sep 8, 2009, 09:00 PM
I have high blood pressure and I am supposed to take 50 mg of Atenolol per day. I forgot I had already taken it today, and I accidentally took two (100 mg.) I checked my blood pressure and it is 110 over 68. I am starting to feel dizzy and I feel like my heart is racing. I googled Atenolol overdose and some websites said loss of life, but I wasn't sure how severe of an overdose they were talking about. Is this serious? Should I go to the emergency room?