Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Confused3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Chopped Liver?
    So I've had this friend I've been seeing on and off for the past 5 years. We landed up having a beautiful boy together. But the initial problem is it is always inconvient for the 2 of us to make anything official. In the beginnin I didn't realize he was with someone and now I no he's with someone new. But everyone around us tryes to iniciate things between us saying we should be together... in the same room same bed yadda yadda yadda. I realize he has a girlfriend but the chemistry between us is as if no one else is around. The long glaces are there and absolutely everything else you could possibly think of. And I mean we can all hang out in a group him, his girlfriend and all of our friends. She's jealous when we are together but wants to hang out in groups. I don't want to be the other woman but it is like one of the couples that are meant to be together and haven't fully had the chance. Is this something that could be more between me and him or am I just chopped liver?

~CONFUSED
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 07:47 AM
    You are chopped liver, because despite what you say that the two of you are so good together he chooses not to be exclusive with you. Even with his child, he chooses to go elswhere and see you when he wants. The fact you accept this behaviour from him, lets him know that he can do whatever he pleases, with whomever he pleases. Until you take off the blinders and see him for what he is you will be his chopped liver, as you put it.
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 25, 2007, 07:53 AM
    You may be chopped liver. Having a child together should have put you together if you were meant to be together.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2007, 08:02 AM
    You are allowing him to treat you like chopped liver. You are allowing him to come and go just as he pleases and when he pleases. Why should he change his behavior when he can "have it all" now?

Set some boundaries, some very strict boundaries as to what you will accept and not accept from him. No bedroom. No long glances, no sparks of chemistry. What you have with him is not love - it is lust, it is sex, it is chemistry, it is many things, but not the love that you are looking for.

Tell him he is welcome for the sake of your child but that is it. And mean it. If you continue as you are with this guy, it will ALWAYS be inconvenient for you two to "be official". That is the honest truth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Causes of elevated liver enzymes in a 15 year old? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am 15 years old and weigh about 130 lbs. I was recently prescribed by my dermatologist to get the acne drug "accutane". However, when I went to have my blood tested they would not give me the drug because my liver enzyme levels were elevated. Not sure what these mean, but he has circled...

Mixing liver enzymes with water [ 4 Answers ]

I am in the middle of a biology course I did an experiment last week and have forgotten the answer when mixing liver enzymes with water why is there no reaction:rolleyes:

Liver Lesion [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 21 yr-old female. About a month ago I had a laparoscopic surgery, taking out a dermoid cyst. Before the surgery I had a CT scan for the purpose of examing the cyst. However, the report indicated that there is a leision to the liver as well. Specifically, "A tiny low attenuation lesion...

Liver cancer- any helpful info welcome! [ 209 Answers ]

Both my mother and my sister have heptitis C. Now my sister been diaganosed with liver cancer. What suggested treatment for my sister? And sugested prvention for my mother. Thanks in advance for all input.

Dog liver infection [ 3 Answers ]

My dog has been diagnosed with an inflamed liver... might be an infection or some kind of toxin reactions... What can anyone tell me about this?

View more questions Search