Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heafher116 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Zits only on neck! Why?
    So this is weird: I have never had acne ever. I am now 21 yrs old and all of a sudden I am breaking out on my neck! Only my neck. My face is still perfect. I was wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and if so how you treated it... the only two things I can come up with are the following: 1) I had mono 2 years ago and never fully recovered, and so my lymph nodes in my neck have been swollen ever since ( so maybe they were so infected they finally come to a head in the form of a zit?) or 2) I am a waitress and wear a collered shirt that ends right around the area where the zits are forming, so maybe my skin is irritated and that is why the zits have formed... any other ideas as to why this may be happening please let me know... I mean this is horrible! People keep asking if I have hickeys on my neck, and to be honest, I would rather them assume that then look closely and discover these nasty zits!! One last note: the weird part is: these zits line up perfectly diagonally on my neck on both sides. Not in the back, not directly in the front, but on both sides- right where the swollen lymph nodes are located. If anyone can shed some light that would be awesome! I do not have health insurance, so if there is a fast easy at home cure I would love to hear about it! Thank you so much!
    *heather*
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 18, 2007, 06:11 AM
    What to do? Just the usual I guess - exercise, and a good diet.
    I think a big cause of zits is a depressed immune system - depression or anxiety don't help.

Treat them with a dilute antiseptic solution (not to strong or it will irritate your skin) or see what your local pharmacy has to offer - there are dozens of zit treatments on the market.
    A drop of tea-tree oil in your bathwater will help too (it's surprisingly powerful stuff).

If they are big, treat them quickly and keep treating the affected area for some time after they have gone; they may come back if you don't. Zits can leave scars so don't leave it too long.
    heafher116 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it. I think you are right about the good diet. I eat like crap! I just think it's bizarre that I have always eaten like crap, and now all of a sudden, at 21, they pop up! And it's weird that they are only on my neck, in a diagonal line every time. I will try that tea tree oil, thanks so much!!
    Lord_Darkclaw Posts: 295, Reputation: 38

Feb 18, 2007, 10:41 AM
    Yeah, I eat WAY too much junk food, and break out on my shoulders - always in the same place. Even at 34 years old I still have to worry about zits. :(
    Ash_Trey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 10:07 AM
    Ewww I get really tiny zits on my neck, most of the time you can't really see them I feel them though, esp. the three that like you said go perfectly diagonal on left side of front neck --- those you can't not really see unless you get real close, but occasionly on the rite side I get one or two, they take awhile tooo go away, and they are very hard almost like a mole type thing weird, and I don't break out anywhere just these weird spots on my neck, I am a 25 yr old female and have the 3 dots on L for almost 3 yrs!! Don't really bother me, only the occasional ones on left that you can see!! Because I take pride in taking care of myself inside as well as out!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kink in my neck [ 8 Answers ]

I have a kink in my neck that I just can't seem to get rid of. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I might be able to do to help this problem? Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me.

Pimples, blemishes, zits [ 46 Answers ]

I have a really bad problem with skin care. I've tried all kinds of face medication- perscription stuff, astringents, pore cleaners, and just about anything else that you can try for pimples. And still I have a new pimple almost every day. I AM AT MY WITS END WITH THIS. If anyone knows of any or...

Kink in neck [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a minor pain in my neck for the last two or three days then yesterday all of a sudden I could barly hold my head up and the pain is unbearable what is the best ways to get rid of the kink

When Dealingwith zits! [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid or at least hide Zits! I have so far used toothpaste(my mom told me about that) and then I read that you can dissolve an aspirin in water (as long as not allergic)and put that directly on the zit, but if anyone hasany other ways, pleezz do tell!! :) :cool: :cool:

Up To Neck In... it! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi & Thanks in advance for any assistance... I recently bought my 2 story on concrete foundation (no basement or crawlspace) home and all was well for 1st couple of months. Home is 6 yrs old and previous owner acted as the sub when house was built and claimed he kept no blueprints. (our...

View more questions Search