Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Awesomemomx3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2011, 12:22 AM
    Swelling and pain, tender to touch at the base of my head.
    I woke up this morning with pain at the base of my head, on the left side, there was a small knot there, at this point that swelling is now up to the middle of my ear, still in just the back of my head and just on my left side... Ice did not help with the swelling or the pain.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 1, 2011, 07:13 AM
    You don't want to go to an ER on New Year's Day? No one can give you a diagnosis online. A possibility is a swollen lymph node, which would swell to fight infection, - a molar perhaps, or mononucleosis (I had my entire back of neck and base of head swollen from mono), or ear infection, but it could be anything, and might not even be a lymph gland. See a doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

A swelling on my daughters head reasons [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is 8 months old she has a soft pulpy swelling on her left part of her head .what can be the possible reasons?

Swelling to my baby's head [ 1 Answers ]

My 2 week old daughter has slight swelling to her head on 1 side I think its were she has been sleeping on that side most of the time but I'm not sure and she doesn't seem to sleep as long since I've noticed it is thhe swelling anything to worry about?

Pain and Swelling [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had sex Thursday night and the next morning my vagina was sore. I just assumed that it was because we had gotten a little rough. But Friday night it started to swell and now this morning it is swollen even worse. The pain is still there, not quite as bad internally. Does anyone...

Vaginal Pain and Swelling [ 3 Answers ]

I plan on going to the OB/GYN first thing Monday morning. In the meantime I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone before. My boyfriend and I had sex Thursday night (protection was used). The next morning I felt sore and thought it was just due to things getting a little rough. However this...

View more questions Search