Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lcookerly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Cysts behind Left ear
    For the past couple of days I have had a fluid filled lump behind my Left ear. It is painful and I can't wear all my earrings. I have had people try to drain it and it won't. Should I see the doctor and have them lance it open? The pain is giving me an earache and becoming painful below my ear down to my jaw line. What should I do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 07:15 PM
    It could be a sebaceous cyst, but you need to see the doctor first.

Please do not let anyone lance it again, it is SOOO easy to introduce infection that way.

Unless you know how to be truly sterile, and by this I mean autoclaving your equipment, you should not be doing this. It could introduce a SERIOUS staph infection called MRSA which is resistant to antibiotics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clicking in Left ear? [ 26 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can tell me why I have a clicking in my ear. I already have a hearing loss in both ears, wear hearing aids, have buzzing tinits. And now I am experiencing a Click. I talked to my hearing doc and she has no indication of what would cause this. My family...

Clicking in left ear [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Suffered From Stress Recently But I Overcame A Lot Of Problems Now I Am Getting Clicking In My Left Ear And Also Headaches , Could This Be Due To The Stress Or Could I Have Damaged My Ears As I Work With Earphones On ?

Clicking left ear and then some [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with bulging discs and pinched nerves in my cerival spine. My symptoms were what I like to call my funky head pains. Sensitive areas on top of my head and also the base of my head and of course pain in my neck. I was put on steroids which did nothing (but make me gain 7...

View more questions Search