Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dav1dc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2009, 03:38 PM
    Dizzy Spells, Sweating, Memory Loss
    I have been having dizzy spells since I was 17, I'm now almost 28. I have also had excessive sweating since my teens, but it has got a lot worse in the past few years. I am also usually hot, often boiling, despite cold weather (I have also had the reverse - cold when the weather is hot but nowhere near as often).
    My hands sometimes go numb and seize up despite the weather, but in cold weather it happens all the time if I don't wear gloves. I also have short term memory problems. And I have excessive thirst: at least 5 litres of water a day, but usually I drink around 10 and sometimes more (I know it's a lot, but I get really thirsty if I don't drink that much) Plus I put on over 2 stone despite not changing my diet or exercising less. I also have sleep problems: I usually take hours to fall to sleep then wake up frequently. I have tried going to bed at the same time and getting up at the same time, but it didn't work, still the same problems. I also get a lot more tired doing the same things. In the past, I could cycle 60 miles no problem, now it's hard to do a few miles.
    I have had ECGs, all normal, except for one where it appears there is a slight problem with the rythym of my heart or something, but apparently not enough to cause dizzy spells or to worry about.
    I have had a cat scan on my brain, that apprears to be normal. Plus loads of blood tests, most of which I can't remember what they were for.

I had a blood test to test my cortisol levels, the first one came up normal. The second I had a year later was slightly high: 480 instead of 359 I think. The second was taken at 2PM. The third came up normal, so I had no further testing until recently. This time, my cortisol levels were low, so I am awaiting the results of a short synacthen test. If this comes up normal, I don't think they wll be testing my cortisol again.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 2, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Have they checked for Diabetes and/or Thyroid problems? I'd start there.

Nov 3, 2009, 03:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Have they checked for Diabetes and/or Thyroid problems? I'd start there.
    Yeah, they've checked a few times for diabetes, but I don't have it. Cortisol is something to do with thyroid I think, too much or too little can be bad.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 04:13 AM

These are typical signs of diabetes,thirst,dizzy,sleep disorder,sweating, I know I too suffer from it.

Nov 3, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    These are typical signs of diabetes,thirst,dizzy,sleep disorder,sweating,,I know I too suffer from it.

I've been tested a few times for diabetes, but I don't have it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are home REMEDIES for anxiety and dizzy spells [ 11 Answers ]

I have dizzy spells and high anxiety. Do you have any suggestions for dealing with these?

Dizzy spells [ 8 Answers ]

My son will be 12 in August, He has been sick with a cough ,the doctor said it was allergy and sinus, he get dizzy sometimes and feel he almost is going to pass out, what could be the problem?

Why is my boyfriend getting dizzy spells [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is getting dizzy spells a lot lately. He gets them for no reason. Sometimes it's after he drinks a lot of mountain dew. What are some reasons he could be getting these

Dizzy spells [ 4 Answers ]

I am 40yrs of age and still having regular periods. But the past week I have been getting dizzy spells, and feeling light headed, like I am a bit tipsy,not too often, but often enough to notice. I have taken my blood pressure with a moniter my husband uses (so not sure accurate it is) and got a...

Dizzy Spells. [ 12 Answers ]

I am 19 and female. I have never fainted in my life, or ever felt dizzy, not even fron standing for a while, but in the past week, there have been three incidences of having dizzy spells. One was in class, I was standing but my knees weren't locked. ALl of a sudden, my teacher started spinning!...

View more questions Search