Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shirlpax Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Oct 26, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Dumping syndrome/gallbladder?
    For years I've suffered digestive woes,now they're back. Within 15-45 min of eating a high fat meal I get severe gas pains and cramps,usually ending in watery stools. I had an ulcer in duodenum at 19 and suffered on & off with this and with the above mentioned symptoms. It got so bad one time I lost around 25 lbs in a month. (gained it back now).My poop was dark gray with the diarrhea I had recently, then normal with dark gray streaks and a whitish color on part of it.I've had 2 ultra sounds done on gall bladder and liver, everything OK except small spot on liver which dr said was a blood vessel and was normal,(had that about 2-3 yrs ago. Any ideas?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 02:35 PM

Any ideas? Sure. Stop eating high fat content food immediately. Even though I've had my gallbladder removed years ago, if I eat a high fat content meal I suffer the consequences later. Would suggest a simple blood test instead of an expensive ultrasound for your doctor to see the functionality of your gall bladder. Much better than an ultrasound.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 11:07 PM
    You could have irritable bowel syndrome as well, which reacts badly to certain foods and certain moods. If the fat food has this effect, simple, stop eating it!
    unluckynut Posts: 294, Reputation: 23

Oct 28, 2009, 07:35 PM

Everything came back normal on all my tests and then they found out my gallbladder was spastic, wasn't working in rythum. They ended up taking it out but only half the symptoms went away. If you think you went to the bathroom a lot before you ain't seen nothing. And as the saying goes never trust a fart.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unluckynut View Post
    everything came back normal on all my tests and then they found out my gallbladder was spastic, wasn't working in rythum. They ended up taking it out but only half the symptoms went away. if you think you went to the bathroom alot before you ain't seen nothing. And as the saying goes never trust a fart.
    Er, who are you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unsure gallbladder/pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I am now 6 weeks late for my last period. I have been having all the signs of being pregnant, low back pain/abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea escpecially at night and in the morning sometimes its so bad I don't want to get out of bed. I am always tired and I get enough sleep. I have taken several...

Gallbladder Hell! [ 5 Answers ]

I've been to see my GP and I'm now awaiting a scan to confirm the diagnosis that the pain I am suffering is from my gallbladder. Actually my GP is a little worried bcause I'm 37 and in his view too young to have gallstones. The good news is the scan will be considered 'urgent' and UK national...

View more questions Search