Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2009, 12:22 PM
    How long am I contagious with mono?
    How long am I contagious with mono?
    I was diagnosed with it last week but I'm pretty sure I've already had it for two. Last week before I was diagnosed I felt awful and now I think all the physical symptons are gone. Is it okay to kiss in about another week or two. I have a romantic evening planned and I would like to be able to use my mouth lol
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 12:31 PM

Funny that it is called the kissing disease, and as you know it isn't pleasant to have, if you had all the symptoms, one of them being the heaviest sorest headlache of your life.

Unfortunately you will have to put off your heavy date for quite a while yet until you get a release from your doctor that you are clear to carry on your regular activities hahahah. Once you've been infected with infectious mononucleosis you may still release it into your saliva and mucus for several months. In fact, even if you feel normal, you may still be contagious with infectious mononucleosis .

See your doctor if you want clearance but don't do it yourself.

Ms tick
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2009, 12:37 PM

This is quite a let down although I was prepared for it. I won't see him again until thanksgiving maybe it'll be better by then that's 3 months =/
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2009, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyPhoenix View Post
    This is quite a let down although i was prepared for it. I won't see him again until thanksgiving maybe it'll be better by then thats 3 months =/
    Sorry, sly, to give you the bad news, but if you still want you friends around, then it would be best not to exchange body fluids with them at this present time. I hope you recover completely soon.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is periodontal disease contagious? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend has periodontal disease. I recently noticed that sometimes when I don't floss for a time my gums bleed a little. Is that normal or is this disease contagious? :( My wisdom teeth are now emerging, so there is no pain to them as yet! Could they be the cause of the gum changes? Anyone...

Respiratery contagious infection - running nose, sneezing, and green gunk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I seem to have a problem on my respiratory. I sneeze a lot throughout a day, every day, and have constant running nose. I actually counted how many times I sneezed yesterday. It was 16 and it was not as much as I usually do!! Green sticky stuff often comes out from my nose and lower sinus...

Do not do mono! [ 47 Answers ]

I was getting good results at first, when I ordered from india, then I started to develop spots throughout my body.. my face kept getting red and red, and I was hot the whole time. I got light with stops on my face, dark spots, my face is wrinky and ugly, and I've literally tried to kill myself.....

Is pneumonia contagious? [ 1 Answers ]

Is pneumonia contagious?

Earmites contagious? [ 5 Answers ]

I previously had 2 Lhasa Apsos who had terrible problems with ear mites. They grew really old and had to be put to sleep. I got a my new puppy right before they were put to sleep. They met once, for a brief minute and never touched... (As you probably remember) I've had her around 3 weeks. She's...

View more questions Search