Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amaryllis Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Nervous about cancer.
    My problem is that I occasionally get these lumps/growths in my armpits. They hurt when touched--which is rather inconvenient, seeing as keeping my arms in a relaxed position causes them to be agitated--but usually stop hurting two or three weeks later. It takes much longer for the actual growth to go away. They come every couple months or so and are usually kind of pink (swollen?).

So now some more background info on me. (: I've gotten them on both the right and left sides before, rarely both at once. I've had them both before I started regularly using deodorant and after. I've been shaving under my arms for a while now; it's not something new and I don't think it's what's causing the agitation. I have never gone to a tanning bed and rarely go outside. I'm at a healthy BMI, but I'll admit I don't exercise much and hardly eat a balanced diet. I don't have a regular sleeping pattern.

So what I'm really wondering is if this might be serious enough to have to see a doctor? In these times, I'd really rather not, since one doctor's visit costs a lot. /: I'm underage, so I'd really rather not put any more financial burden on my parents then I already do.

Thanks much for the time. (:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 10:32 PM
    Have you noticed if you had been ill prior to finding these lumps?

Sounds like swollen lymph nodes to me.

Do you have a family history of cancer? How old are you?

Apr 16, 2009, 10:35 PM
    Thanks for the fast reply. ^__^

I'm usually a pretty healthy person. I don't think I've been sick with anything at any abnormal times for me; I usually get sick at the same times in the year.

Is there anything I can do to prevent or treat swollen lymph nodes? I'd rather not take medicine if possible. (:

There hasn't been any history of cancer directly on my side, but recently my sister had something that might have been breast cancer removed. I don't really know the details about it, but I think it was benign?
    I'm 15.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 16, 2009, 10:37 PM
    At 15, you are usually too young to have breast cancer. What could be happening is that your breast tissue is still developing.

Even colds can cause swollen lymph nodes in that area.

Apr 16, 2009, 10:44 PM

Well, yes, I figured I didn't have breast cancer, but I wanted to throw it out there that my sister might've had that, which might somehow connect to me? :'D Er--I don't know.

But I'm not ill when I get the swellings... ~?
    Or at least, I don't feel ill? :')

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get him to not be nervous? [ 1 Answers ]

I know this boy that has actually told me that he likes me and i told him that I like him back. He really likes to talk to me and I like to talk to him. But, he gets pretty nervous when he talks to me and stutters making it difficult to talk to him back. I really would like an answer because I...

Nervous chi. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a lab, and she is friendly and loves people, I have a dalmatian he is the same, my terrior was the same to. Now I have a new 1 year old Chi. And he is so timid and scared. I don't know how to make him... friendly.Please help me.

What to do with a nervous dog? [ 2 Answers ]

Trink's always been, at best, a cautious dog... not one to take changes in stride. And I have now got two different situations going on that I need help with. Number one: What's the best thing to do with those minor stressful situations? For example, I had bought some stuff, and was taking it...

Nervous [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to tell if you come in a girl. Can you or her feel it. Just need to know to set my mind at rest so I don't freak. Thanks

View more questions Search