Ask
    KITTEN17 Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2006, 12:09 AM
    Can Some One Tell Me If This Is Normal
    Is It Normal For Girls To Have Sharp Pains At The Sides Of The Stomic
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 10, 2006, 09:19 AM
    Yes, Kitten, in a first time pregnancy this could be considered normal. At your age and first pregnancy, your teeny tiny tummy is beginning to expand and that can cause some discomfort.

If you have not yet made an appointment with your doctor, you should do so on Monday just in case it is something more serious.

Jun 10, 2006, 01:03 PM
    My mom made me an appointment with an obgyn and can you tell me what an obgyn does I'm scared to go
    Expert

Jun 10, 2006, 02:12 PM
    An OBGYN is an obstiritician/gynecologist. They are doctors who only see female patients. OB means that he takes care of women who are pregnant. He makes sure that they and their babies are healthy during the pregnancy.

He will measure your tummy to make sure that the baby is growing well and he will put you on the correct vitamins. He will do an ultrasound so that he can actually see your baby, this is the "test" that will tell if your baby is a boy or girl

These days most ultrasounds are in color and 3-D, so you can really see what your baby really looks like.

Don't be scared, Kitten, the OBGYN is your friend right now. He will be the one who delivers your baby when the time comes. He will not do anything to hurt you. Oh, yeah, he will tell you what your due date is, so that is something to look forward to.

Jun 10, 2006, 10:59 PM
    Thank you very much how soon should a girl 5'2 135lbs which is average for a teen my hight start showing
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 11, 2006, 04:00 AM
    http://www.askdramy.com
    http://www.babyfit.com

It might be a little too late to teach you about the safe way to adulthood and sexuality, but the above sites will help you through a pregnancy, if you are.
    It explains the signs, symptoms and stages you will be going through, even the progress on the growth and development of the baby.
    So, do a little surfing and get educated.

Good luck.

Jun 11, 2006, 06:11 PM
    Thank You Very Much
    Expert

Jun 12, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Kitten, as far as showing, it is different for each person as well as each pregnancy. For my first I was showing at 5 months. Second 3 months. Third I was did not show until I was almost 7 months. And the last I was showing at 2 months.

So you see, it is different every time. Very good question though, considering your circumstances.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2006, 01:02 PM
    I did not show until I was 5 months with my first as well

Jun 12, 2006, 04:43 PM
    Well I am already showing at 2 months I went to the doc to day and I have to go back because he heard two heart beats he said that I might be having twins that scard me real bad but it will be okk I guess
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2006, 08:51 PM
    So have you been schedualed for an ultra sound or something? Wow twins! I'm glad you have a good mom there to help you :0) you must be a very special young lady if you are getting two of them. Take good care of them and yourself. Keep us posted!
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Some women try all their lives just to have one little baby, and that is their greatest wish in life. So just reember what a blessing/miracle they are to you, even though they come to you at a time in your life where it can be very scary for you. With the help of your mom, I am sure all will turn out wonderful. And remember we are always here on the site for comfort and support as well. Or even if you just need a little chat. (sorry, I accidentally pushed the post button before I was done)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 4 days or so, after intercourse I get a brownish discharge and the feeling of cramping during my period. Weird thing is I've already had my period. I shouldn't have cramping. Is it menstration left over? Am I pregnant? Or is this something I should seriously be worrying about?? I'm a...

Is this normal? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone, its me again. In may I posted a question asking about my symptoms, and found out I wasn't pregnant. Now here's the thing: I just found out Im 7weeks pregnant, and this time I wasn't even trying! Before I found out, I was experiencing some of the classic symptoms: lower abdomin pain,...

About 10 days after my period I get these weird pains (they're not even pains really) like a weird sensation on the left side of my lower tummy, very weird, and it also gives a weird feeling to my legs. The pains slowly moves to the right but is mainly on the left. I also realised that this manily...

Is this normal? [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for over a year. We have had great sex the past year now it seems I have to beg for it.my girlfriend has had a very active sexual past so it makes me scratch my head when I have to beg I am 20 and she is 26 I can't help but want to have sex I am a young man. I have...

When I was 13, me and my best friend ( a guy ) had some sexual experiences. I gave him head a few times and he reciprocated, and we also used to masturbate eachother's penises. I am straight. I wanted to know if other people have done this in the past.. or should I be worried about what...

View more questions Search