Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Penzer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Upper stomach pain
    I had my gb removed 2yrs. Ago. Now I have severe attacks in my upper stomach. I've had about 5 since my surgery. They are now scaring me. Its starts really mild and then builds. I feel like its going to expode. The pain is so severe that I cannot breathe. It last for about 10min. Then disappears. Any idea on what could be causing this?
    spyderglass Posts: 434, Reputation: 34

Oct 17, 2008, 05:49 PM

How long has the stomach pain been bothering you? Did they check your other organs when you had your surgery? Sometimes if you have gallstones it can affect different organs in your body.
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 19, 2008, 12:34 PM

Its time to vist your friendly gastroendrnoigist, to get to the bottom of this. HE probably will scope you which is nothing you won't remember a thing...
    Penzer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderglass View Post
    How long has the stomach pain been bothering you? Did they check your other organs when you had your surgery? Sometimes if you have gallstones it can affect different organs in your body.
    The 1st. Attack I had was 1.5 weeks after my gb was removed. I went to the er by ambulance. They did an ultrasound and said it was probably a muscle spasm that was touching a nerve from the incension from the surgery. I don't believe that now. I agree with you about affecting other organs, I never had an issue until my gallbladder was removed. My insurance kicks in Dec. 1st. I'm going to make sure they check everything. It's quite embarrassing when this happens in public. (Happened while I had jury duty, they called the ambulance & the pain was gone before they arrived)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upper stomach pain and nausea [ 2 Answers ]

My 16 year old daughter has been complaining of upper stomach pain, she has had nausea and vomitting and not ate much... this is going on the fourth day... Pain is below breastbone and central and severe.

8 DPO weird flutter upper stomach? [ 4 Answers ]

My period is 28 day cycle but realized I've been counting it wrong. Its 27 days cycle. Anyway, my ovulation calendar said ill be ovulation in between July 5-15th. Im assume the most ovulation is on 10th of July. My LMS is June 26th and I should have my AF on July 23rd. So now its around 8DPO,...

Severe Upper Stomach Pains [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, when I woke up Wednesday morning I felt a sharp I guess irritation/pain like feeling in my upper stomach right below my breast bone. It was so bad I could barely get up. I thought it was hunger and I ate and drank something, but that didn't help. It lasted all day and it seems to be worse...

Pain in upper right abdomen [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my upper right abdomen. It is not constant, but can be pretty severe. The pain starts when I am sitting or after walking. In order to stop the pain I must lay down and extend my legs. If I press on the area, it is very tender!! Also I had my gallbladder removed 7 years ago.

Upper jaw pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I would love it someone could help me figure out what is wrong with my jaw I have oh and I should say that I have upper dentures about a week ago my jaw started hurting where the upper jaw meats the bottom right arcoss from your ear and only when I bite down on something any help please:)

View more questions Search