Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 11:36 PM
    Severe Upper Stomach Pains
    Hey, when I woke up Wednesday morning I felt a sharp I guess irritation/pain like feeling in my upper stomach right below my breast bone. It was so bad I could barely get up. I thought it was hunger and I ate and drank something, but that didn't help. It lasted all day and it seems to be worse during the morning and at night. I woke up today (Thursday) and it still hurt and then during the day it went away. It hurts now and when I swallow or drink something it irritates me. I read up online and it could be Dyspeposia? Should I call my doctor now or wait and see if it passes?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 09:41 AM
    It isn't dyspeposia, it is dyspepsia and in plain terms, severe indigestion. Probably by time time you get back on here, it will have passed.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 4, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Also, from what you're describing, it well be an ulcer.
    I had similar symptoms and I was prescribed high does Zanatac to control the acid.

I still get the odd flair up now and again.
    jnvlv247 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2008, 09:49 PM

Yah I was just prescribed Prilosec

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sore stomach, severe gas pains [ 4 Answers ]

I have problem, that doctor's are not able to help me with. About year ago I was diagnosed with H.Pilori, was given triple combination (two antibiotics and one anti acid prescription), when I finished taking it I got first bowel movement all white, just like chalk and after that I had diarrhea for...

Severe pain in upper legs/hips! [ 1 Answers ]

For about 2 weeks now I have been having severe pain in my upper legs (where they connect to my hips I'm assuming). I feel the pain on the outsides of both of my legs. The pain is dull and achy when I'm awake and moving around but as soon as I fall asleep the pain becomes very intense. I'm only...

Severe pain in groin and upper thigh [ 2 Answers ]

I have had severe pain for over 3 weeks. It is located on the inside of my right leg. In the past 2 weeks, I have been having severe upper right leg. It hurts to work or do anything pertaining to work in the house. Could you please help me? >Moved from Forum Help<

Severe stomich pains [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore! I have been having extream upper stomich pains, upper back pain, nausious, dizziness, sweats at night not to mention diarea I am always tired all the time with really bad headaches and have been gaining weight over these last 4 months although I am bearly eating and...

View more questions Search