Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PENNYSPENTEL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Cacac cream for skin cancer
    My doctor has prescribed carac cream for actinic keratosis. After reading about this cream, I am wondering if there isn't another solution. I have had other spots frozen off, on my face as well as my hands, and wonder if this would not be a faster solution. I am not looking forward to 2 months of my face full of scabs etc. 2 weeks have usually been all it took for the blisters to clear. I am not going to a Dermatologist, my primary care physician will not refer me to one. I wonder if this is the only solution, or are there other options that would work as well.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Do you need a referral for your insurance? If not, then just look and see who is covered and go. Most of the time you don't need a referral for a Dermatologist anyway - so that would be my first stop. Until you can get in to see one - use the cream as directed.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 12, 2007, 05:06 PM
    When using Carac, it can cause irritation, such as sloughing or shedding of the skin. You will also experience some dryness, redness or pain. Even though Carac causes flare ups, it will gradually work to clear up your skin condition. If it was prescribed to you by your doctor, you should follow your doctor's advice and use it as recommended. But if you're not sure about Carac, consult with your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Skin lightening cream [ 1 Answers ]

Hi brownsugar,, just would like to know the name of those creams that contain 4-5% of hydroquinone,, if you know of any other creams let us know because I know skin lightening is becoming a kind of craze ere,, in pakistan.u mix fair and lovely,stillmans,arche and 2 capsules of vitamin e,, this is...

Skin Lighting cream [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am Arabian and I used to have light skin, but I got darker since I never wore sunscreen and played in the sun. Can someone tell how to lighten my skin and even it out, since some parts are darker. Also, if I can find it in a drugstore or Walmart! Thanks

Skin Cream You Use [ 14 Answers ]

Sup, post the cream you use on your face, and body. Also if you shave post the cream you use ( I think shaving cream has something to do with how your skin feels, both face and legs.) Also post wheather you like them or not... I use kiehl's ultra facial moustrizer spf 15 on my face. Works...

View more questions Search