Originally Posted by paige11
I also have had recurring cold sores every 3-4 months for about 10 years and I have these exact symptoms, except on my right side. There were a few weeks when the tingling was so bad that I started unconsciously pulling out my hair. Eventually the right side of the head was bloody from pulling it out.
But the tingling that you feel is exactly what I feel.
If there's pressure behind your eyes, you should immediately talk to a doctor and get scanned (you may have a tumor. The sooner you get rid of it, the better.)
I just did extensive research, and it seems like these sensations could be the symptom of a host of problems. Here's what I'm going to try:
1. Food allergies--I think that I may be allergic to casein. I don't consume many dairy products, but I just realized that I had an exceptional amount of cheese last night and this morning. I am going to go one month without eating dairy, wheat, or caffeine products and see if that improves symptoms.
2. Stress -- I'm taking a heavy course load right now and also working a job, so I'm going to try meditation and getting adequate sleep.
3. Dietary deficiency -- I'm going to eat a well-balanced diet.
4. Migraine -- fluctuating hormones can cause migraines. The tingling sensation may be the result of high pressure in the brain from migraines (the high pressure could also be from a tumor). This seems like a good reason to stay away from caffeine/stress/etc.
5. Sinuses -- Perhaps the sinuses are a cause of both the cold sores and the tingling? Do you have bad sinus problems? I have had bad sinuses for practically my whole life.
I'm going to try this for a month, and see if the sensation goes away. Best of luck!