Last Saturday night, I woke up in the middle of the night with what I thought was a leg cramp. I get those all the time and usually just get up to walk them off. This time, however, when I stood up, I realized my leg had actually been asleep and I came crashing to the floor. One leg ended up underneath me and the other went straight out in front of me. The one that was under me was perfectly okay. It's the other one that's not okay. I'm not sure exactly what happened to it. All I know is that the immediate pain I noticed was in my knee. At that point, I had lost feeling in my foot, so didn't even know that it was hurt (weird, I know, but it was 2:30 in the morning and I was NOT awake lol). Something made a loud pop when I landed but not sure whether it was my foot, my ankle or my knee. When I tried to stand up, my ankle would not bear my weight and my knee felt like something on the inside of it was just not right. So, I sat back down for a minute to regain composure. I was checking out the damage to myself as I sat on the edge of the bed. My ankle had already swelled up quite a bit in a matter of about 10 minutes, my little toe had turned blue, the top of my foot was blue and the side of my foot and around my ankle was blue. I hobbled into the kitchen to ice my foot and sat in the living room until morning. Rather than go to a Dr. that day (it was Sunday), I decided to wait it out and limp around that day. The next day came and it was still very painful but I had toooo many chores to do to just sit around. So I just hopped around and limped when I had to go downstairs or in other places where I couldn't hop lol. On Wednesday, I decided I should see a doc. X-rays were ordered. They took several views of my ankle and my foot. At that time, I was told by an emergency room doc that there were no broken bones. She put an Aircast Ankle Stirrup on and told me to walk on it and it will be fine soon. I told her that my knee felt strange, but she made no comment about that and just blew it off pretty much. So I went home with the Aircast and thought everything would be fine. After having that thing on for only an hour, the top part of my foot was hurting so bad I thought I was going to throw up. So I took that thing off and decided to make another appointment with another doctor. I ended up seeing an old family friend doc here in town. He pretty much hugged me when I walked in. Asked me what happened. Told me to throw that Aircast thing away and get off my foot for 4 days. He wrapped it in an Ace bandage and sent me on my way. I was very grateful that he got me in. However, I'm still not sure that everything's okay with my foot. The family friend doc didn't touch my foot to examine it. He just took my word when I told him it was sprained and did what you normally do for a sprain I guess. That was yesterday when I saw him. Today my foot is Still swollen. On top of it on the right hand side about half-way back (it's my right foot, too) I have a sharp stabbing pain which I hadn't noticed before. I didn't know if someone has overlooked something on x-rays or if I'm just a hypochondriac or what. My foot hurts still. It still looks really gross and I don't know what to do. Should I put that Aircast thing back on? Should I be walking on it? Or should I NOT be walking on it? I'm confused now more than I was and I don't know if I should make another appointment with still yet another dr? I'm not taking pain meds except for Advil and that's only in the evenings when it's really really hurting. I do have medical insurance, but I'm wondering what they're going to think if I go to ANOTHER dr. I don't know what I need to do. Any advice, shared stories of similar experience or any suggestions would be sooo much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.