Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    dlriz's Avatar
    dlriz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 16, 2004, 09:08 AM
    Influenza in the eyes
    I need to know what to do about a viral influenza that has attacked my Moms eyes. She can not see right and has headaches. She is 67 years old and this will not go away for over a month now. Her doctor is saying there is nothing else they can do and is now avoiding her. My sister says it is just pinkeye and it will go away with eye drops. We know this is not true pinkeye is bacteria, not viral. Does anyone have any information or help?
    EVS's Avatar
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3
    Junior Member

    Nov 13, 2004, 11:40 PM
    Viral Influenza
    Hi there

    From my own thoughts on the subject, Influenza is a virus, but it attacks the immune system and not the various parts of the body as such. Whoever made this diagnosis needs to study a bit more.(Viral influenza that attacks the eyes).

    There is not much that can be done about influenza except a good antibiotic and rest, and it will normally go away on its own.(Build up the immune system)

    There is something drastically wrong here, and I would suggest that you taker you mom to see an eye specialist as soon as possible. Remember that we are only issue two eyes and they cannot be replaced. Get more HELP as quickly as possible.

    ladyandjan's Avatar
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4
    Junior Member

    Jan 15, 2006, 05:08 AM
    Does your mom drink any type of diet soda, use artificial sweetners, eat surgarless foods? If so, please check the ingredients and if they contain aspartame, splenda, saccachran, acesulfame have her stop eating or drinking anything with this in it. It can affect the nervous system, cause blinding headaches, brain tumors, etc. Mexico right now is in the process of banning Aspartame from all food and drinks. This stuff is lethal even though it is in everything, even every brand of chewing gum except double bubble chewing gum, in our medicines, vitamins. Hope this helps your mom.
    fredg's Avatar
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

    Jan 15, 2006, 05:42 AM
    Eye infection
    Please take your Mom to an eye specialists, or a doctor that gives eye exams and prescribes eyeglasses. I am not suggesting your Mom needs glasses or new glasses, but an eye doctor could diagnose this better, hopefully, than a "regular" doctor.
    I do agree with the other answer about taking her to an eye specialist. A month seems to be a long time to try clearing this up.
    I do wish you and your Mom the best, and please see an eye doctor.
    PS; If your other doctor is really an eye doctor, then please see a different one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bags under eyes [ 18 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of bags under you eyes in a natural way??

The Sun in your Eyes? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need once again another song discoveration :). Okay, if anyone has Sky Digital, there was a... advertisement.. of sorts.. of Late Night films, I think some of the song goes "The sun in your eyes". Hopefully this could help.

Their Eyes Were Watching God [ 5 Answers ]

I Need help coming up with a QUESTION TO ANSWER for my research paper on the novel "THEIR EYES WERE WATCHING GOD? My topic is "is nanny right when she says marriage is convenice" but I need to make that into a question?

The Hills Have Eyes [ 10 Answers ]

I just rented the movie last night so I watched it and I sit their just cringed and my wife sit their jumping and screaming.I never seen a movie in a long long time to make me do to the Excorcist this movie is the scariest movie I have ever seen.Now I understand why they banded it from...

Eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible for two blue-eyed people to have a brown eyed-child?

View more questions Search