But need medical help, go to an area hospital ER or to a walk-in clinic. At the hospital, you will be triaged according to the severity of your medical problem. For mental problems, go to an ER or clinic in order to connect up with a social worker who will guide you though the mental health care maze. Or, for mental health support/counseling, call your local village/township/county mental health or human resource office for info on low-cost or sliding-scale help. Many Catholic priests and Protestant ministers will provide counseling of all kinds (and you don't have to join that church, but they may ask for a donation to that parish). If you're a military veteran, a VA hospital will treat you for free. If in doubt about any of this, call the reference desk at your local library for more specific information, phone numbers, and contact names/places.