Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony010260 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 07:44 PM
    208v single phase wiring
    How do I connect a 208v single phase appliance to my home circuit panel? I installed a 30amp breaker which has 2 connections, red and black (hot), then I have white (neutral), and green for ground. The device only as 2 connectors not 3, plus ground?

Thanks
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2006, 09:39 PM
    If this device does not have a need for 120 volts then it does not need a neutral, only the two hot wires and then the ground. Make sure that the ground wire is grounded all the way to the service panel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2-phase vs 3-phase degrees of separation [ 5 Answers ]

At work we have 3-phase power. I understand the oscillations are 120 degrees apart. At home I have 2-phase power. Are the oscillations 180 degrees apart? I understand the neutral on a 240v circuit should carry 0 as the phases cancel each other out. My real question is that if we have a...

480v Stepped Down To 120/208v [ 10 Answers ]

If I have a 600A 480v service and I step in down to 120/208, will I have an increase of available amperes at the lower voltage? Or will the amperage remain the same no matter how I change the voltage? Thanks

Is this a phase? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 90% sure that my new beagle pup is eating her own poop. I came home today to the a messy crate and dog but no actual piles. I did catch her licking it one day when I took her out... I thought she was just sniffing around for a place to go but she was licking her poop. Since I have taken out...

How to view single record of ALL people at single address? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a table with addresses and names. I can easily sort it by address to see all the people living at the same address grouped together. However, this is problematic with mail-merges, since I wind up generating a new letter for each person, sending multiple mailings to the same residence. ...

120v/208v single phase appliance wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Recently purchased a coffee machine that has the above reqts. I understand that it has 220 and 110v circuits that need power. I also purchased a generator to power this brewer outside. If I use a NEMA L14-30P plug, to connect into the generator, What is the sequence of wiring for the plug three...

View more questions Search