Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hohfixer54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2007, 09:52 AM
    ppm formula derivation
    I have been trying to recreate the derivation of the formula mg/L (or ppm) = lbs/gal x 120,000.
    I know that the constant 120,000 comes from 1,000,000/8.33 (the weight of a gallon of water) but I can't make the constant come out in the numerator of the equation. I'm starting by saying one ppm = one pound in one million pounds or one gallon in a million gallons.
    I'd like to see the proper derivation.

Check out some similar questions!

A formula [ 6 Answers ]

Three-fourths of a number increased by 1 is 7. what is the number.

Formula [ 1 Answers ]

IF( and that is a big if) light were to decelerate at the rate of I 13billionth of its original velocity per year , what would be the formula for computing the distance to the most distant observable objects in the universe: FRED

Formula problem [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I've just started my business studies degree and an getting to grips with using excel properly. I've uploaded the spreadsheet I'm working on. I'm trying to work out the discount values in column E. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it, I'm hoping it's just my syntax that's...

Simple Derivation? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I'm simply forgetting basics here... what is dy/dx where y= x^(x*r/k) r and k are constants.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search