Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ronnie73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2009, 06:38 AM
    Tools and power equipment
    How many horsepower is a lawn mower engine which rated at 173cc ?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 06:45 AM

It's impossible to say. You're showing the "displacement" of the engine (the volume that the pistons displace as they move). The displacement is not exactly related to horsepower in any simple way. While engines with larger displacements often have higher horsepower, it's not always the case. The most significant factors are compression, displacement, and engine design (which obviously includes compression and displacement).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old power tools reviews? [ 6 Answers ]

Anyone out there know of a site that reviews older power tools? Or even a trade mag etc.. I'm looking at some bench grinders and drill presses- heavy duty equipment. I've heard from people in the field that the older stuff is built really solid and better than the new stuff out there. But I'm not...

For those frustrated w/ power tools that don't work. [ 1 Answers ]

Check out this frustrated guy... Angry Man Shoots Lawn Mower For Not Starting Angry Man Shoots Lawn Mower For Not Starting, Milwaukee Man Accused Of Shooting His Lawn Mower Because It Wouldn't Start - CBS News

Power tools [ 1 Answers ]

I own a dewalt table saw model# 744. Somehow the motor is not square to the opening anymore. Can anyone offer some insight on how to remedy this situation

The value of 1960-1970 power tools [ 2 Answers ]

I have many craftsman tools left by my father dating from the 1960's to 1970's . They are very heavy but still work. I'm just wondering how much their worth. I can't hold on to them for sentimetal reasons anymore and my son has much newer tools and their much to heavy for me to use. Need some...

View more questions Search