Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koaber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 01:55 AM
    Partial Differential Equation... not very easy
    hello,

I search a solution for f in this equation :

df/dx1+d(f*g)/dx2=0

where g=(-b22*x2-b21*x1-1)/(b12*x2+b11*x1+1) (bij are constant).

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
    Yohann (from France).
    thoth Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 11:02 PM
    Start be rewritting this into an easier to manage form

f_{x_{1}}+g*f_{x_{2}}+g_{x_{2}}f=0

Now this is just a standard variable coeffecient pde where the coeff. Are 1 g and g_{x_{2}}. Now solve this in terms of the coefficients and then calculate what g_{x_{2}} is to get and answer for f in terms of x_{1} and x_{2}.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Coupled differential for double pendulum system. [ 2 Answers ]

I have two second order differential equations that describes a double pendulum system: y'' = g(y-y)/a y'' = 2g(y-y)/b I tried in mathematica DSolve == g(y-y)/a,y'' == 2g(y-y)/b},{y,y},x,w] but it didn't work. Can Mathematica actually solve that? I looked through the equation...

Partial or implants [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a lot of dental work done from neglecting dental appointments. My work is all done except for 3 missing bottom molars. For implants and crown, It will cost me around 7000.00. Or for around 2500.00, I could get a bottom partial with 2 back molars on one side, and one back molar on...

Partial Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

I am the personal rep for my fathers estate. I heard that I can make an early partial distribution of inheritance as long as I have it documented and obtain reciepts from the beneficiaries. It would amount to half of the estimated estate value. The balance would come with the sale of the house...

How works a differential radioassay [ 1 Answers ]

Please could someone explain to me or give me www-links where is explained what exactly a differential radioassay is an how it works. Thanks in advance Stephan

View more questions Search