Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange7117 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Statistics and Probability
    Consider a box containing 3 blue, 2 red, and 5 clear marbles.

When drawing 2 marbles without replacements, chances of drawing a blue then clear is?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2009, 05:13 PM
    The prob. Of drawing a blue is 3/10. See?

Since we are not replacing, there are 9 left, so the prob. Of drawing a clear is 5/9

(3/10)(5/9)=1/6

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability statistics [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me answer the following question please: Bad gums means a bad heart. Researchers discovered that 85% of people who have suffered a heart attack had peiodontal disease, an inflammation of gums. Only 29% of healthy people have this disease. Suppose tat in a ertain community...

Statistics --probability [ 1 Answers ]

My college makes you teach yourself, do the homework, turn it in for a grade, then go to the classroom so you can learn the correct way to work a problem. I spent 4 hours or more on this today and cannot get past the first question. I've never had statistics in my life and really want to...

Probability in statistics [ 3 Answers ]

One medical textbook states that only 6% of th human population has blood type O-Negative. Assume that a simple random sample of 45 people are selected. A. Find the probability that 5 of the selected people have blood type O-Negative. Would this be considered unusual. Why or why not? B. Find...

Statistics, probability [ 1 Answers ]

The EPA has reported that the average fuel cost for a particular type of automobile is $800 with a standard deviation of $80. Fuel cost is assumed to be normally distributed. If one of these cars is randomly selected, what is the probability that the fuel cost for this car exceeds $760?:confused:

View more questions Search