Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    math10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Math questions - I'm stuck
    I'm stuck can anyone please help with the following math question - I'm studying for exams

y-2 over 3 + y-1 over 5 = 2
    under
    x+2 over 7 - y+5 over 3 = -2
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Could you please post so we can be sure of what you mean. Come on, it's easy to write

(y-2)/3+(y-1)/5=2, assuming that is what you mean? I am not trying to be critical, but it makes your problem rather ambiguous to translate.

Assuming I am correct in my translation:

Solve for y,

The LCD is 15, so multiply through by 15:

Can you finish? Let me know if you remain stuck.

You treat these as you would any fraction. Find the LCD first. Does that help?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Math 10 Applied Trigonometry Questions [ 6 Answers ]

Argh trig. = http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/modelalyssa/Mee/trig.jpg c) Calculate the angle formed at A. d) Calculate the bearing of A from B. 2. Jose wants to find the height of a radio tower situated on top of a building. Lying on the ground, 10 m from the base of the...

A math questions [ 1 Answers ]

if you find the sum:confused of any two digit number and the number formed by reversing its digits, the resulting value is always divisible by what two positive whole numbers?

True or false math questions [ 1 Answers ]

Is this true? Each side of a prism is called a perimeter?

True or false math questions [ 1 Answers ]

Is this true? A rhombus is an equilateral parallelogram

Math Quiz Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I need to find the answer to the following two questions by 4:00 p.m. today. Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Polynomial and Rational Inequalities: Problem: Solve : x^2 + 56 < 15x Equations Quadratic in Form: Problem: Solve: x^4 - 10x^2 +25 = 0

View more questions Search