Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jhaynes1988 Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Oct 17, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Can't find the third zero on a log graph
    howdy,

I've been working on this problem for the longest time and can't figure it out. I was given this problem: (log x )^3 = 9 log x and was told to find the zeros. The program I'm using is asking for 3 zeros and I can only find two. It tells me which zeros are the biggest and smallest. I have found the biggest and middle zero... so that leaves me with the smallest. And from the graph it doesn't look like the graph exits anymore. So my biggest zero was 1000 and my middle zero was one and they were both correct but I can't find the smallest one. Please help me if you can.

Thanks
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 18, 2007, 06:14 AM
    10^-3

Got this by dividing both sides by log(x), getting (log x)^2 = 9, which means log x = +/- 3. You already have the log x = 3 answer, so the other one must be it. Hence log x = -3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does a CBR graph? [ 3 Answers ]

What does a CBR graph? How does it workk? :)

For a graph [ 1 Answers ]

I have to find the slope-intercept of an equation... 1. slope=2 passes through (1,5)... 2. passes through (-1,-5) and (3,2) 3. passes through (0,3) and is perpendicular to a line whose equation is y-7x=4?

Statistics graph [ 1 Answers ]

What shape would a graph be if it should the distribution of the ages when people get their drivers license?

Trig Graph [ 1 Answers ]

Graph y=1+3sec(2x+(pi/2)) Please help!! If you could give me the points to plot that'd be AWESOME! :D

View more questions Search