Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    zelbean's Avatar
    zelbean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 29, 2009, 08:25 PM
    Will I be paying child support for a child not mine in marrige?
    Can I be force to pay child support through marrige even if the child is not mine?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 30, 2009, 06:32 AM

    Not enough info,

    Were you married when the child is born, if so in many places you are considered the father unless challenged.

    Also while rare, there are cases of a man who married, the women already had a child and after enough years of acting as the father, the courts ordered him to pay. But this is not the norm What happens is the length of time, and even the relationship of the bio father and more.

    So the answer is normally not but it has happened.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Jan 30, 2009, 07:19 AM

    The legal father can be forced to pay support even if he is not the biological father.

    To say more would require a more detailed question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Wife not paying child support of seeing the child [ 10 Answers ]

We just recently got the divorce final my I got custody and she is suppose to have visitation every other weekend she will pick her up Friday and drop her off Saturday. She was suppose to take her for the whole month of June and July but said she cannot because she has no one to watch her. She...

Paying child support but money is not going to child [ 2 Answers ]

I a child is no longer living with a parent, but has left the house, living on her own with boyfriend, and one of the parents is trying to still receive child support from the other, parent for a child who lives in a different county,and is on her own.The child is 17 years old and is no longer with...

How to prove child is emancipated,so I can stop paying child support? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an 18 year old child who graduated in june08.I was told by judge because of new (mass.)law I have to prove she's emancipated, in order to stop child support.She supposedly lives with her mom .doesnt go to school.I can't find any info,because she's 18(privacy laws).On court order it says I...

Paying Child Support to mom who abandoned child [ 5 Answers ]

I'll try to be brief... My 17 year old daughter chose to live with her mom 100% of the time a year and a half ago. My ex drug me through the court system fighting for an increase in my child suport even though I was still paying her (through automatic deduction from my pay check) for my daughter...

Paying child support for children that are not mine what if anything can I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I was married to my ex-wife during that time we had two sons. Not long after our yongest son was born I went to prision during which time my ex wife became pregnant. When I got out of prision I filed for a divorce which she fought.( It took over three years for the divorce to come through). She had...

View more questions Search