Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    mia30's Avatar
    mia30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0
    New Member

    Nov 24, 2007, 09:29 PM
    I want to get married to some one that lives in greece
    I want to get married to someone in Greece he's a visitor. I am a US citizen how long will it take him to get to the USA? What paper work will I need to get him here? He is a Iraqi citizen I believe I am not sure but is living in Greece.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Nov 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Please be patient. Someone who knows how to answer your question might not even be online right now. Hopefully, they will come along sometime soon to answer your question. I am going to alert someone to your post who really knows about this subject.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

    Nov 24, 2007, 10:00 PM
    I just wanted you to know that I have alerted our Immigration Expert to your post with a private message. That person hasn't been logged onto this site since yesterday. So again, I appreciate your being patient. It could also be that someone else will know how to answer your question. But, at least the expert on this here will know about it.

    Thank you!
    Lowtax4eva's Avatar
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

    Nov 28, 2007, 01:21 PM

    Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately, but processing times will vary depending on many factors and how exactly you want to proceed. There are 2 options you can follow right now, he can get a K-1 visa to enter the US for purposes of marriage so you can get married in the US or if you get married overseas and then he wants to come to the US he will need a K-3 visa.

    I will post the 2 links below for the 2 options I'm mentioning, all the info such as how to apply, how much it costs and all the documents required. If you have any other questions please let me know.

    Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiance(e) (K-1)

    Nonimmigrant Visa for a Spouse (K-3)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Englishman married Greek IN Greece, needs divorce from UK! [ 2 Answers ]

I am an English man who married a Greek girl IN Athens in July 1998 & we happily lived together for a further 2 & a half years there. We then split & I returned to the UK in March 2001 & haven't returned since. We had no children together & no property or other financial ties to sort out. She...

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Looking for someone who lives in Greece [ 3 Answers ]

If there is anyone one on this board that lives in Greece that can help me I would appreciate it. The person I am looking for is male from Kalamata. Last I heard is that he moved to an Island in Greece. He was part of O.Y.K (Hellenic Navy) in the early 90"s His name is George Drolias Send...

So this is how the other half lives? [ 1 Answers ]

Well thanks to Tom's link I've discovered this site and it appears more mature, interesting, and alive. After I figure out how to navigate the boards I'll try and contribute my moderate views when possible. I'm juggling a busy schedule between work and the wife's pregnancy. I just want to give a...

View more questions Search