Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iluvcottoncandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2012, 01:07 AM
    How to convince my parents that I should get out of my new school
    I am 10 turning 11 and I just cannot believe that the year ended... my class mates they are mean hating and just selfish my friend I HATE HER and my school is 8 HOURS PER DAY! In my old school it was 7 moving on in my new school I am unhappy and by that I MEAN VERY UNHAPPY my parents are really convinced that it's the BEST school in lebanon.. and it is a quaker school the worse.. ALL my class is christian except for me I am hated and now the studies... every Friday we have a math test WHAT IF I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE DAMN LESSON?
    English in my old school was very easy in this school it is BRITISH system the hardest one in all systems my sister lynn is not happy too.. non of us are but my new neighbor (I hope she just shuts up and die) told us about this school
    The moment I started doing the entrance exam that took me 4 HOURS! I realized that it is a different school VERY HARD THEY GIVE US TOO MUCH HOMEWORK and this year I don't know how to survive it THIS SCHOOL made me hate my life it made me just wish to end my life my parents are really convinced I am a smart student so I can't fail by convincing them or they would KILL ME how can I convince them to get me out of this bull yes I mean bull and
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2012, 05:00 AM
    It sounds like they want you to get a "real;" education, if you don't understand, you get tutors, and help to learn.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 18, 2012, 05:33 AM
    I'm sorry, but I have to say you don't sound very likable the way you rant. I hope she shuts up and dies? If you don't like your neighbor why are you even listening to her? What if I didn't understand the damn lesson? You don't scream and swear, you tell the math teacher you aren't learning. As for being the only non-Christian, I am finding it hard to believe that that is the reason you aren't liked.

After saying all that, I do feel sorry for you having to go 8 hours a day and having tons of homework at your age. It's not my idea of education until about 14. At 10 or 11, you should be playing and imagining and reading and thinking and learning about people and life as much as academics. But you are stuck with the parents you have. You could do research to show that intense study so early doesn't produce genuises.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jul 19, 2012, 08:08 AM
    It sounds like you had a hard transition into the new school. It isn't easy switching from one school to another and the first year is usually the worst! Try asking your teachers for help. One math test a week is not unusual. As soon as you finish a chapter, you should take a test on it. This helps your teacher decide who understood the material, and who do not. What were your grades this year? How many hours of homework did you have each night? Let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Convince My Parents Let Me Move School? [ 11 Answers ]

There isn't really a particular reason for this, but I just feel a bit lost at my school. I'm 12 years old and have recently gone up to secondary school, which I was told would be great! I have a few friends who love (as mates of course) me and would be very sad to see me go, but I just can't...

How to convince your parents to stay in your old school? [ 5 Answers ]

My parents are very strict . They don't let me party all night , no Facebook . Once they found my boyfriend's pic on my photo . And so they are now admitting me to a new school , because of my boyfriend and my declining grades . What should I do to convince them ?

How to convince your parents to let you get a FB at the age of 12 [ 4 Answers ]

I have asked my mother if I can create me an account, since she has one. So I waited and waited. Next I asked my father if I can create me an account, since he has one, but he keeps on saying, (ASK YOUR MOTHER). So I went to ask her again, and she say (IN 4 MONTHS) I NEED HELP :()

How convince parents? [ 1 Answers ]

I am because and she is oc .I have no great background but her father has great infulence .and he likes her daughter very much what to do marry her .is he agree?

How to convince my girlfriend parents [ 2 Answers ]

Actually this is very common questionhow can I want to convince my girlfriend parents to accept as there boy for whom they are looking for a girl. My girlfriend is under very tensed position because her parents are not accepting me as rite choice for her

View more questions Search