Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rajavelan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Over stay
    1.I contacted my international student advisor in my univesristy after I came to my home country.
    They said, There is a FLAG in my SEVIS RECORD.
    I told them , that I overstayed only because I am out of funds to pay for semster and able to convince them.

After Long Convincing, My International student advisor said, they are requesting SEVIS helpdesk to remove my FLAG in my SEVIS RECORD.Also, they said, it will take a week to do so.

My question is, Once my FLAG on my SEVIS RECORD is removed, Do I have any problem in getting different VISA when I applu to consulate in my home country?

Or. I will be free once my FLAG on my SEVIS RECORD is removed.

Please answer this question.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 18, 2008, 03:38 PM
    SEVIS Record cannot be removed or erased, but F-1 can be reinstated in case of emergency such as you were engaged in car accident and were confined in bed for months, or other emergencies, etc. and on the condition that you are away from classes less than 5 months.

I don't know if the school's international office can issue a new I-20 in this case because your reasons are not related to any of the so called 'emergencies', but even if you have a new, valid I-20, it does not guarantee that the consulate will issue a visa for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I stay with him? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't like my boyfriend because he smokes but he really like me and I kind of like him but my parents don't like him because he smokes and they think he stupid. I like him when we hang out with each other but when there are other people around he's different but when other people are not around...

Should I Stay or should I go? [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently involved in a gay relationship with a man older than I. We had been seeing each other for about eight months and everything seemed to be going OK. We are both still in the closet so it worked since I never met his friends and he never met mine. We both kept our relationship a secret...

Gas won't stay on... [ 1 Answers ]

My electric start gas furnace will not stay lit. it lights up for 15 seconds, then turns off. It's as if it doesn't sense the temperature of the flame box correctly.

View more questions Search