Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frnk91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 12:12 AM
    I'm 18 and I get erections very often,
    I wonder why am I getting erection so often... I'm about to turn 18 and I get many erections throughout the day, and I can say that I'm having many more than when I was 13, 14, of 15... why is it happening? I thought you would get more on your early teenage years...
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 12:17 AM

Are you taking any new medications? Anything at all?

Any change in your daily life? Are you around women more often now? Working out?
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Jul 19, 2009, 12:34 AM

Well I'm no professional on this but have you tried relieving yourself like maybe in the morning before you start your day? Might help.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 01:56 AM

Well, as a man who has gone through the same things, I can tell you that that is not necessarilly true.
    Boys who are going through/just went through puberty experience it the same as most males who are physically healthy and their bodies (not themselves) are ready for sexual activity. That the more you are surrounded by possibly sexual activities (which is all too common in this day and age) the more your body will have these types of reactions.
    In general, the older you get, the more these situations are present in your life.

HoweverI would still like to hear your responses to jennie's questions before telling you for certain that there is no underlying medical condition.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 09:20 AM

OK my husband just gave me the best advise he could.

ITS NORMAL!!
    frnk91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2009, 09:21 AM

Hmm, about medications, I just take vitamins, although I was taking carnitine as part of my diet, but I stopped about a month ago.
    And there's no woman around. In regards to workout I don't really do much, I just run every other day, but I do that since a long time ago.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2009, 09:27 AM

My hubby says its normal. He said it was almost night and day for him when he turned 18/19 and started getting more erections.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 19, 2009, 10:19 AM
    It's perfectly normal. It's caused by hormones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I get erections so easly [ 20 Answers ]

Hi I am 15 and I have a girlfriend. I am getting annoyed with my erections. I get erections when I am just making out with her and not doing anything else and I don't want to be aroused. And also sometimes even if we arnt kissing if we get really close I get a erection and I want to be able to just...

Too Many Erections [ 14 Answers ]

I'm 52 years old, married and I find that I still get erections all the time. It takes very little to arouse me and it's becoming a real problem. I thought that it might get better as I get older but nothing seems to change. Does anyone know of anything that reduces sex drive?

Annoying erections! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone - I know this may sound somewhat weird, but I was wondering if any of you guys here could offer some advice on how to LOSE erections. Lately I have found that I am getting hard so easily and so frequently and it is really giving me grief - my main problem with it is that I can't talk...

View more questions Search