Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 14, 2013, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    They have stuff in Canada that's NOT sitting on permafrost?
    This year, that's seriously MN.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2013, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    This year, that's seriously MN.

I can't deal with your winters... Summers.. or at least the time I was passing through there was decent... but I can't deal with those way below zero temperatures. Call me a wuss... but that's just one of the reasons I moved further south after college... besides better job opportunities.

I've got friends who can get me into the oil fields in ND if I want... in a cushy inside job right now for more than I make now. But I fear becoming a meatsicle long before it gets to -75 F.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Had the PA State Youth Bowling Tournament this weekend. My daughter has been bowling since she was 5. She's not great but does fairly well.
    Attached Images

Entomology Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 11:47 AM
    Continued...
    Attached Images

smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2013, 12:13 PM
    I used to do that when I was in Jr High... in SW Pa... never really got good... 180 was the best I could average without a handicap. Most of the other kids did better than me.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 01:33 PM
    Holy crap! You're gorgeous!
    Right back at you Alty! (perfect - just like we practiced ;) )
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Right back at ya Alty! (perfect - just like we practiced ;) )
    LMAO! You were supposed to say that I'm brilliant too. Sigh. ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Had the PA State Youth Bowling Tournament this weekend. My daughter has been bowling since she was 5. She's not great but does fairly well.
    Nice odin. Hope she does well with it. She needs a heavier ball. They are suppose to glide down the lane not be chucked ;)
    Entomology Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    Nice odin. Hope she does well with it. She needs a heavier ball. They are suppose to glide down the lane not be chucked ;)
    It's a 14... it goes down the lane like that because she refuses to bend to get the ball closer to the lane before letting go of it. It's something that I've been working on for quite some time but she just prefers to lean.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:07 PM
    It's a 14...it goes down the lane like that because she refuses to bend to get the ball closer to the lane before letting go of it. It's something that I've been working on for quite some time but she just prefers to lean.
    If you lean over but don't bend your knees, and don't swing and slide the ball out of your hands toward the pins, the ball goes "thud!" very loudly and everyone looks at you. Been there, done that.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:31 PM
    It's a 14...it goes down the lane like that because she refuses to bend to get the ball closer to the lane before letting go of it. It's something that I've been working on for quite some time but she just prefers to lean.
    Breaking a habit in any sport is tough. Has she worked with anyone else?
    Entomology Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:39 PM
    Yes, she worked with a bowling instructor. He said for now, let her go with this if it's comfortable for her and works. He said as she gets older, she will be more willing to work on it if she is serious about it.
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 15, 2013, 06:58 PM
    Yes, she worked with a bowling instructor. He said for now, let her go with this if it's comfortable for her and works. He said as she gets older, she will be more willing to work on it if she is serious about it.
    That I would have never expected. I know at one of the alley's I used to hang at they taught method and style was up to you as everyone is different.

So long as she is having fun it works. And from what I have seen at least in my area the bowling alley has been going the way of the drive in movie. But to me its still fun to get out there and knock a few over once in awhile.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Ok here goes. I don't have any baby pics to share yet, but here is a few recent of me :)
    Attached Images

Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:01 PM
    I love that first one Bella. It's creepy artistic fun and gorgeous all at the same time.

Of course it goes without saying that the normal shots of you are pretty darn great too, but the first one is my favorite because of the artistic thing. :)
    Dogs Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:22 PM
    :) Thanks Alty! I really like it too. My friend thinks I should have it framed, but I was never one to have framed pictures of myself around the house lol. Maybe I'll just frame it for him ;)
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    :) Thanks Alty! I really like it too. my friend thinks I should have it framed, but I was never one to have framed pictures of myself around the house lol. maybe i'll just frame it for him ;)
    It's a cool picture. I would totally display that in my house. Well, not yours, because that would be a bit creepy, and I don't swing that way, but if I had one of me, I'd put it on the wall. :)
    Dogs Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:37 PM
    Dang, there goes your Christmas pressie... Back to the drawing board.
    Pets Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 02:42 PM
    LOL! I'd rather have the real Bella visiting me for Christmas. A picture just isn't enough. I want the real thing. :)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 3, 2013, 05:57 PM
    You could give it to me as a pressie, but I'd insist on full length artwork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Work permit for a non-EU member in Spain while my spouse(EU member) will stay in UK [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I live in the UK with my wife. She is an EU member and I am non-EU member. I am moving first to Spain for work reasons there but my wife will stay in UK for at least 4 months then she will join me. The Spanish company does not sponsor me to get a work permit so I need to apply for...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

View more questions Search