Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Extra pay always helps... make time for family when you can... :)

I have a hard time saying no to taking on additional classes, partly because the extra money is nice and partly because I just enjoy doing them, but I do find I can burn the candle at both ends if I am not careful. Getting better at saying "no"... but when they need your help to cover, sometimes you want to help out when you can.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
    I'm also looking at my annual review in May. The pay increase would be nicer if I just went along with the schedule rather than make waves. Luckily my husband works from home, so the kids have a parent here at all times. Neither of the kids still at home remember a time when Mommy didn't work this hard and these long hours, so it's really nothing new to them.

I really enjoy my job and the people I work with, so it's not that bad really.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
    I love my job too. And for the most part am there when they need me. But days like today try my patience with people.
    I almost lost a tiny patient. A 4 1/2 pound chihuahua mix with a broken jaw, didn't do so well in recovery, we got him back and he is fine this evening. This little guy should have never been under anesthesia to begin with.
    Because his parents fed him with the other larger family dog right there, and what do you think happened, yes small dogs head wound up in the large dogs mouth.
    That is the THIRD one this YEAR.
    People just don't use their heads sometimes.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 10:21 PM
    Just found out that a very dear friend has stage 4 liver cancer.

I'm so very upset right now.
    Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 10:56 PM
    I am so sorry Synn. If you want to talk, you know we are here.
    Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 11:39 PM
    Thanks. Waiting to hear more tomorrow. So very tired right now, and Boo just won't calm down and go to sleep.
    Expert

Mar 28, 2012, 11:43 PM
    Will a warm bath help him calm down? Is he sleeping too much during the day?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 05:02 AM
    Sorry to hear that Synnen. :( hopefully your little one was able to finally calm down.

BTW, Congrats, as I haven't been able for you when they told me!to tell you yet. I was so happy
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 05:05 AM
    Argh. I hate typing on my phone. That was meant to say "as I haven't been able to tell you yet! I was so happy for you when they told me the news!"
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2012, 05:12 AM
    Synn... so very sorry to hear that.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 05:43 AM
    Syn, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Hugs.
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
    He thinks that baths are fun time... so it doesn't calm him at all, it winds him up. He's just being a crankapotamus, and doesn't really WANT anything. His gums hurt and that's it as far as he's concerned--though the wet washrag thing really helps, thanks J. He doesn't really nap at all during the day--that's been one of my peeves for months. If he sleeps at all between when he gets up in the morning (around 10 or so) and when he goes to bed at night (3 in the morning or so), it's for only 1/2 hour or so, which isn't long enough for ME to nap!

I've been trying to reach my friend at the hospital all day. They will tell me she's still there, but I can't reach her in her room, and they can't tell me what's going on with her (as it should be). But I don't know if she can have visitors or not in the oncology ward, and they can't even tell me that--I don't want to bundle up Boo and drive the 45 minutes to the hospital only to have them tell me she doesn't want or can't have visitors. I'm just hoping she'll call me back soon. If not, I'll leave baby with hubby and just go. I know she loves Boo, though, and it would cheer her up to see him. ARRGH! Circular thoughts!

Thanks all for the thoughts. I really appreciate it.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 10:44 AM
    My mom used to shove a gel teething ring into my brother's mouth when he was teething. She had cooled it in the refrigerator. Do those still exist?

How old is L?
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
    I used to freeze wet washclothes. Was that what J9 suggested?
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
    *Pushes her way into the chat*

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61047904@N08/6838834352/

That's my hamster Karot. Yes, eating a carrot. :3
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 01:14 PM
    Yup... I have 4 of those teether rings, and am cycling through them as they warm up. And J suggested the frozen washcloth, which he seems to either love or hate, depending on his crankiness level.

Boo is 5 months now--unbelievable, isn't it? I have some great pics from our last session, but I have always sucked at inserting pictures, so I'm not even going to try. :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 01:22 PM
    I am so happy for you! He sounds like a dear. I love boys, everyday is an adventure! They do grow so fast though, sigh.
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Oh! And I had a good friend who swore by sophie the giraffe. She wasn't around when my lot were teething, but her daughter LOVES her.

Sophie Giraffe - The Worlds Most Famous Baby Teething Toy
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 02:10 PM
    I swore by Camillia, it's all natural and it saved my farking life many nights!
    Expert

Mar 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
    I find out tomorrow at around 11 if I am suspended and/or keep my job. Keep me in your prayers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Too old to realize I'm bisexual? [ 5 Answers ]

The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet...

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

How to realize him that I love him [ 6 Answers ]

I am in a relationship from past 2 years. We have decided that we will have a no emotion relationship. Mean there will be no place for emotion and love in our relation. Now he want over this relation. He will be no more in in my life. I started love him before sometime. But I am unable to say...

View more questions Search