Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LibbieLonglife Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Too old to realize I'm bisexual?
    The first time I was attracted to a girl, I was 21. But I had a very sweet boyfriend and thought that relationship would last forever. I wanted to be faithfull so I didn't do anything. I did tell my boyfriend I could be attracted to women and he didn't mind. When we broke up, I didn't want to meet anybody anymore (male or female). But I met a boy at a party and he was sweet, so we got involved. After a few years I realized I wasn't happy with him, so I broke up. I have been single for a year now.
    Lately I'm mostly attracted to women. There's one girl in particular I like a lot, but she's not gay so I don't know if I should do something about that. What I'm worried about is how to tell my friends. I feel like they are going to laugh at me because I haven't realized I was bisexual before, or be mad because I haven't told them before. Also I wonder if I should tell them first, then try to meet someone. Or if I should try to find a girlfriend first, then tell them (maybe the latter would be easier?).
    Any advice?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2011, 11:08 AM

Why do you have to tell your friends anything about your sexual orientation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 11:11 AM

First you are wasting your time looking at girls who are not bi or gay. But as in any dating situation, you have to find another person that has interest you you.

Also have you had sex with another girl at this point,
    LibbieLonglife Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

May 29, 2011, 11:35 AM
    Thanks for your answers. I'm 27 by the way, forgot to mention that.

@Wondergirl: My friends (female) are single too, so we go out together. We have a lot of fun, but they are always looking for guys. It would be easier if they would know that I'm checking out the female crowd as well... Also, if I end up in a relationship with a girl, they will meet her at some point. So maybe I should tell them now, so they would have time to get used to the idea?

@Fr_Chuck: You're probably right. I've considered going to a gay bar in this city. But it's scary to walk in there all alone. And I wouldn't like to run into a co-worker who's gay and hangs out there.
    And no, I haven't been with a girl yet.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2011, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LibbieLonglife View Post
    @Wondergirl: My friends (female) are single too, so we go out together. We have a lot of fun, but they are always looking for guys. It would be easier if they would know that I'm checking out the female crowd as well... Also, if I end up in a relationship with a girl, they will meet her at some point. So maybe I should tell them now, so they would have time to get used to the idea?
    I'm still not sure you are sold on the idea of being bi. Perhaps confirm that in your own mind before you share that realization with anyone else.

And if they are real friends, either they already suspect something or, once you tell them, they'll double blink and say "So what?"
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 29, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LibbieLonglife View Post
    @Fr_Chuck: You're probably right. I've considered going to a gay bar in this city. But it's scary to walk in there all alone. And I wouldn't like to run into a co-worker who's gay and hangs out there.
    And no, I haven't been with a girl yet.

Why would you be concerned about running into a gay co-worker? You wouldn't be concerned about running into a straight co-worker in a "straight" bar. Or would you?

I think you aren't exactly sure if you are or are not bi.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I tried 2 get her 2 realize how much I like her [ 2 Answers ]

I can't figure out how 2 explain my problem so here's the conversation someone please explain to me how I can fix this problem: (she wasn't answering my phone calls and its been about a week since she did so I said this because I seriously thought she didn't like me but I realized it was...

What Do You Think Is the Best Way to Realize Your Own Worth? [ 70 Answers ]

Hi, All! The question might also be - What do you think that it takes for a person to realize their own worth? Or, maybe even - What do you think in general, are the possibilities for a segment of a population to realize their own worth? I almost put this in the Philosophy forum topic area,...

How do you make your ex realize what he had? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 months. Everything was going GREAT, until a couple weeks ago. He wasn't acting like himself. I went over his house one night, and he told me things weren't working out and that he didn't want to be with me. I knew something was wrong, so I asked him why? He told me it was...

I realize some of you might think I am terrible for even asking this [ 3 Answers ]

But I will ask anyway. Money is tight and podiatrist is expensive. My son has an ingrown toenail. I'm pretty sure it's infected. We have been soaking in epsom salt, letting it dry then applying neosporin with bandaid. He is not having pain. I worked at a podiatrist office so I know how...

Realize the signs! [ 2 Answers ]

After reading some of the threads, I thought I will start a thread for people to realize when their relationship is coming to a end and maybe other members can ad some signs. If your boyfriend/girlfriend don't want to spend time with you no more than mostly it is coming to a end. If he/she...

View more questions Search