Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lan0207 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 06:41 PM
    What does ambien test as in urinalysis
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2010, 08:17 PM

Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic (imidazopyridine class). It is specifically formulated to be rapid acting and clear your system within 8-14 hrs.

Standard drug tests should not detect zolpidem, even if present.

There are a few anecdotal (user) reports of occasional false positives for benzodiazepines that are tested for on standard drug panels. (I've been unable to confirm)

Additionally, there is a specific test for zolpidem but is expensive and used mostly in forensic investigations. Not in standard or even expanded drug panels.
    lan0207 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2010, 09:09 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    Thank you so much for helping me out with your insightful and obviously well educated response to my question. I was afraid that it would show up as a benzo, so it good news that it is in a different class. Many thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ambien Cr and/or Rozerem with drinking cause a death? [ 6 Answers ]

Member since: April 13, 2006 Total points: 154 (Level 1) Points earned this week: 8% Best answer 13 answers Purplesportygirl883 Has anyone had a family member or friend on ambien cr or rozerem and also having been drinking and died? My father was taking one or the other sleeping pill...

Urinalysis results [ 3 Answers ]

URINALYSIS RESULTS: URO QNT (0.2), LEU ASE (SMALL), MUCUS (RARE), KETONES (TRACE), PROTEIN (TRACE), I can understand the ketones because I sort of follow the Atkins diet. What about the others? Anything that should concern me? Thanks you. psgator.

Want to know if my mom's new ambien is ambien [ 1 Answers ]

Please help. It is round pink and has a M on the top and a ZZ on the bottom. Thanks, Elise

Is this generic Ambien? [ 2 Answers ]

Small round unscored white pill with the numbers 93 on one side and 74 on the other side. And if this is zolpidem, what dosage? I have always taken reg 10 mg ambien and not used to these new pills. Want to make sure they are what I am supposed to be taking. Thank You.

View more questions Search