Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
    American Idol - Who's it going to be?
    So, who do you all think is going to win? Taylor or Katherine?

My vote is Taylor, we need someone unique to win.

:D
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 20, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Go Taylor!

He's been my favorite from the beginning, but I never dreamed he'd make it to even the top 12.
    Expert

May 20, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Mine too, but I had a feeling he would go to the bottom 4, but never this far. We need someone original, although he does remind me of a younger sober Joe Cocker.
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2006, 10:20 PM
    I think Taylor will win, too, but I'm also very surprised that he's still around. He's very good, but I never thought he'd make because he looks so old, haha. But I'm very happy for him, as he deserves to win!

And isn't he from Alabama? So if he wins, that will be the second winner from Alabama, right? Reuben was the first.

Btw, why did we start a new thread?
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
    Okay, tonight is the night!! Keep your fingers crossed for your favorite!!
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 03:06 PM
    I missed last night's show. :(

But I'm still assuming Taylor did well and will likely win tonight.
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 03:44 PM
    You did not miss much reall Chava. My was able to vote 2x for Taylor. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Oh? Was it a boring show? That's good to know, haha. My sister-in-law and her kids are visiting right now, so we have a full house (SIX children under 10 and 5 adults! ) and we had a BBQ until after 10 pm last night and I totally forgot about AI. But I won't miss it tonight!
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Go "Soul Patrol" Taylor did it. I did not think he would pull it off, but he did!!
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Oh ROFLMAOOOO!! SPOILER ALERT!!

You gave it away before the ending (it is still on here, just started 20 min ago actually. I think we are behind you time-wise). Anyway I figured he would win anyhow!
    Expert

May 24, 2006, 07:09 PM
    OOPPSS!! Sorry about that. I guess I forgot the time difference.

I do sincerely apologize!! My kids are still celebrating, got to get them to bed.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Oh haha no biggie. It doesn't bother me to know early, especially since I may not get to watch the ending!! I keep getting distracted by kids. :rolleyes:

Oh HEY speaking of spoilers haha, I'm chatting with a friend who is an hour ahead of me, and she says Clay Aikan was on and he is unrecognizable because of a new hairdo. I really want to see that!!
    Uber Member

May 25, 2006, 02:46 AM
    Wow, what a show! All those big names coming on the show. And Prince!

Meatloaf sounded like he was in the throes of death... what was up with that?
    Uber Member

May 25, 2006, 05:12 AM
    I heard that more people voted for American Idol than voted in the last Presidential Election.

I can't find a link to the number of voters, but if this were true, all I can say is

SHEESH!
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Yeah the show was awesome. Best show ever, with all the guest appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    I heard that more people voted for American Idol than voted in the last Presidential Election.

I can't find a link to the number of voters, but if this were true, all I can say is

SHEESH!
    Well maybe that movie, American Dreamz, had a good point when it spoofed the president and had him as part of an American Idol - like show. Maybe would-be presidents should start appearing on reality based TV shows. They would certainly appeal more to the younger generations that way.

The other thing though about the voting on American Idol... you can vote as many times as you like. For Canadian Idol, I spent the whole 2 hours voting, and voted for my three top favorites at least 10 times each. So if lots of people are doing that, the numbers aren't accurate to the actual number of voters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I going to make a mistake. [ 11 Answers ]

?? hi.. I'm 18 and I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. We never thought anything serious would come out of our relationship when we first started dating... About a year into our relationship he enlisted to go into the navy, so he's been there for about the past 5 months. After a...

Anyone interested in CANADIAN Idol? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if any Americans or people in other countries get the Canadian version of Idol, but it starts this week on CTV and if anyone is interested in discussing it, I thought I'd start this thread. I enjoy it for the most part, except that I can't stand the host, Ben Mulroney! He is the son of...

Any American Idol fans out there? [ 44 Answers ]

It's one of only 2-3 "network" TV shows we watch in my house... and for A.I. the eight of us are glued! I'm rooting for the Joe Cocker-ish fella, but am fairly sure he can't win.:( I predict the crooner was voted out yesterday. We'll find out tonight.

My best guy friend? Is it going to work? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I've been friends with a guy for 1yr and 4mnths now.. We started being friends, because he went through a difficult breakup and me too, so we helped each other.. since then we've become BEST BEST friends. We are totally comfortable with each other. We started kissing and it was just kind of...

View more questions Search