Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cnjones20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Persons Performing AP and AR
    What are the implications of having the same person performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions?

Thank you so much, I am having a hard time finding this:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
    This contravenes SOX 404 and segregation of duties.
    These functions MUST be separate to ensure transparency and security of the accounts.
    Sues Lab Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjones20
    What are the implications of having the same person performing accounts payable and accounts receivable functions?

Not understanding your question, are you doing both of these?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Sues Lab, it's a typical homework question. Also meaning the poster should be attempting to answer their own work first instead of having us do it for them.

It's in a chapter somewhere that is introducing some internal control concepts, so that's what the "implications" are -- about internal controls.
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Jun 5, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cnjones20

There is no separation of duties in an area where the company derives its prime cash flow,one person in charge can manipulate the receivables and liabilities in a format they if they wished and left unchecked can result in serious fraud situations wherein money is not accounted for. NEED internal controls.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to conceive - husband having problems performing [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are trying to conceive. I recently came off the pill after 10 years and allowed one normal cycle to pass. Now I have been using the ovulation predictor kit to see when I would be ovulating. Well, the strip was positive this AM, and I was all excited. Went to my hubby to try to...

Is Elton John the Only Pianist/Keyboard Player Performing During His Concerts? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently watched an Elton John concert on television and I heard more keyboards than the one piano he was playing. I want to know if Elton John is the only pianist playing during his performances or if there are other keyboards/synthesizers (not visible on stage) backing him up... or am I just...

Rate performing a task [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. My nephew wants to use the site so he is asking a question for the first time. Here's the question: It takes 7 hours for 2 workers to perform a certain construction job. How long will it take 4 workers to do the same job? :rolleyes: Thanks

Having trouble performing on top. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is so embarrassing. But, I am a women that is 23 years old. Well, I am not good on top while having sex. Lately my husband won't have sex unless I am the one on top. I tend to get mad but, try it anyway. I can never get a move down or find my spot. It's also harder to get him to . He tells...

View more questions Search