Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jman18 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Is life going to get any better
    So pretty much my life I think is at the low and I don't know if it can get any better I try so hard to be the best I can but nothing comes of it... all I want is to be happy and spend my days with a girl that I can treat like every girl dreams of being treated... but no matter what I do or maybe I am just not doing anything I end up single... why what am I doing wrong am I trying to hard... I just feels that everything I am doing is for nothing... seriously I just want a girl friend... people tell me what a nice guy I am and they don't understand why I am single everyone tells me I am good looking but I feel like I am not if I have been single for ever... it just sucks what am I suppose to do help me please I need advice on life
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 05:11 PM
    how old are you?

Regardless of age, you should not allow your dating status to dictate how you feel about yourself or how much you value yourself. There are plenty of wonderful people out there who are single and happy in that situation. Everyone wants to fit in and have a girlfriend or a boyfriend since it seems like the right thing to have in your life.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
    I have said it before and I am saying it again being 17 sucks. I hated being a teenager, I hated being in HS it felt like a horrible, never ending prison camp. My life didn't start to get better until after HS so I always like to remind teenagers that there is a big huge world outside of your HS walls.

With that being said maybe you are trying too hard. Have you tried befriending girls you are interested in and getting to know them a bit before suggesting a casual date? Do you any opportunities to meet people who go to other HS? My cousin is 17 and she has never dated a boy from her HS she says all the time that if those were the only people to choose from she doesn't think she'd ever date.

My only other advice is feel confident in yourself and feel good about who you are. You cannot expect a girl or a relationship to build up your life. You need to make your life happy outside of those things.
    Supreem Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Yup... the teen years sucked... ill agree with that... and hey, when you get out on your own (if your not already) and get a career going, which you really need to focus on (college), then things will start to pick up for you. I was 20 and out of college before I started to have some relationships... so don't feel so bad. I know exacly how you feel. I went through the same thing.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 22, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I'd also add that it may help you to relax and not stress about it so much. You'll find love when you're not looking for it. :)
    TrixieBelle Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2007, 12:42 AM
    I can relate to you. I feel the same way.
    Ive never actually had a b/f and it sucks.
    I want a boyfriend about as bad, or possibly more than, you want a girlfriend.
    LETS HOOK UP!!
    Haha just joking but seriously, put yourself out there more.
    At least that's what everyone tells me.
    Haha.

But if you ever want to talk to someone who can relate to you...
    Hi.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Don't rush the realms of your life. Things will come in due time.
    lost in mental health Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jman18
    so pretty much my life i think is at the low and i dont know if it can get any better i try so hard to be the best i can but nothing comes of it...all i want is to be happy and spend my days with a girl that i can treat like every girl dreams of being treated....but no matter what i do or maybe i am just not doing anything i end up single....why what am i doing wrong am i trying to hard....i just feels that everything i am doing is for nothing....seriously i just want a girl friend....people tell me what a nice guy i am and they dont understand why i am single everyone tells me i am good looking but i feel like i am not if i have been single for ever....it just sucks what am i suppose to do help me please i need advice on life
    Relax first, It sounds like your trying to hard. Be yourself, don't follow the crowd, and just feel safe in your own skin. Did you ever think maybe the girls in your town are too snobby or stuck up? Go out and try to meet as many girls as possible, soon you will find one you mesh with. Just don't act like an idiot and turn her off. Open doors, pull out her chair, treat her with respect and I guarantee you will be the envy of all the girls.
    Good luck
    Flexel Posts: 61, Reputation: 7

Aug 28, 2007, 01:04 AM
    Hey, Mate you say your trying your hardest, well lets sit back and take a seat enjoy life being single at the moment. I was in the same situation as you like 6 months ago... and my life has turned around in the last 2 - 2 half months, eventually things do work out and there is always light at the end of the tunnel. I suggest you stop trying your hardest and start trying your hardest to enjoy life being single it doesn't last forever you know!!

There someone out there for you, and everyone else just people haven't relised yet, yea it maybe your HS Crush or that friend you always had from childhood. They maybe haven't relised that they actually like you or that they have strong feelings for you... and another thing is enjoy single life cause you can't get in trouble for anything when your single :D :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I going to make a mistake. [ 11 Answers ]

?? hi.. I'm 18 and I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years. We never thought anything serious would come out of our relationship when we first started dating... About a year into our relationship he enlisted to go into the navy, so he's been there for about the past 5 months. After a...

Is my hamster going to be okay? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay this might be kind of a dumb question but whatever. I have a hamster named Larry and I pay attention to it and everything but I put it in it's plastic ball thingy and I forgot it was in there and kind of left it in there too long and when I tried to take it out it was going all crazy and when...

Going to travel [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to travel somewhere in a few months. It's the first time I travel somewhere on my own. That's why I would find it helpful if someone put some tips in the comments about where to think of and al that. Thanks a lot I already know I won't need a visa.

Never going to happen [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 20 going on 21 and I have been sexualy active for 3 years. I have never been able to reach an orgasm with a man and it is getting really really frusterating. I can get there by myself and sex feels really good but it never progresses into an orgasm. I stay calm and try to relax but nothing...

View more questions Search