Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Redgrandma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2008, 09:08 PM
    Working at 7th grade lvl but getting ready to graduate high school
    Why do learning disabled children get the same high school diploma as other kids? He is a senior and is only doing the work level of a 7th grader. I understand him getting credit for time put in.
    abrahambaby2020 Posts: 15, Reputation: -1

Jul 22, 2009, 06:44 PM

Please make your question littile more brief
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2009, 07:36 AM

If he was in the same classes doing the same work and has passible credits then he gets the same diploma. The problem is not making different diplomas for different credit ranges.
    The problem is the pushing a seventh grade level kid through to the point he is graduating.
    Was he ever given an IEP and placed in special classes? Why wasn't his abilities questioned and him held back or given special classes that could have caught him up?

Abrahambaby why would you ask for OP to make the question a little more brief when more details would be more helpful?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working on H1 B and going to Graduate school part time [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There - I am currently on an H1-B Visa and working in NJ. I am also taking graduate school classes on a part time basis at Rutgers Univ, New Brunswick. My question is regarding the fees I am paying for my graduate school. Even though I have been living in NJ and paying taxes here since 2002,...

Graduate school admission [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I am an international student applying for masters in biotechnology and a second option as masters in computerscience.I am trying for a graduate school in California.I did not manage to get a good score in GRE (880/1600) and my toefl score is 94/120 .I have a good GPA.do I stand a chance...

Looking for a Graduate School Of Ed. For Ph.D. [ 3 Answers ]

Have been a teacher for many years and am now getting into teaching Educ. Courses at the college level. I want to begin pursuing a doctorate (preferably Ph.D. Ed.D. fine too). Problem is I will be likely (although not certainly) moving in the next 1-2 years. Meaning I don't want to start a...

Son didn't graduate high school what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

:( Hello my son dropped out of school at the end of his senior year. He thought he was doing the right thing We live in Ky. He got a job in Fl. Making 25 an hour. This is good for a 18 year old boy so he thought. The company got in trouble now he has no job or diploma. He now has no job. This...

View more questions Search