Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kroger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Keyboard typing wrong characters
    When I try to type an apostrophe on my keyboard, I get è. When I try to type the quotation marks, I get È. When I try to type a back slash, I get é. When I try to type a question mark, I get É. When I try to type the left square bracket I get nothing, but when I press it a second time, I get ^^. When I try to type the right square bracket, I get ç. When I try to type the forward slash, I get à.

I have tried changing keyboards, but have the same problems. Please help me!:confused:
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Oct 14, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Sounds like you might have a different input language set...

Try Control Panel > Regional and Language Options, Languages tab, and the Details button under Text Services and Input languages. Make sure it's set correctly (I'll assume US English, but it should be set to whatever type of keyboard you have)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard typing wrong characters [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I'm an IT professional and embarrassed to say that I don't know the answer to this question. I have a IBM Thinkpad T42 and although the regional settings and input locale are set to English (UK), the keybord seems to by typing everything in English (US) I've tried everything I...

Keys typing wrong characters [ 7 Answers ]

The @ key and " key are exchanged. The back slash comes up as#.and several other keys come up with the wrong characters. What do I do? Regards Theo:)

My keyboard is typing the wrong thing [ 4 Answers ]

On my laptop when I type an s it \show\s up like thi\s \s. When I type the q it come\s up a\s zq and zq come\s up zq The / \show\s up like /[ The up arrow goe\s up but al\so type\s a j and when I type a j it \show\s up on the line above The down arrow goe\s down, but it al\so leave\s a comma...

Keyboard Some keys typing wrong symbols [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, The @ is where the " is and vise versa. The # is at the backstroke key and I haven't been able to find where the backstroke key is. The # key is now a £ sign. The ~ key is at the shift key above the backstroke and the ~ is ¬ key. Anyone any idea how I can change back to a normal keyboad...

Keyboard typing odd things [ 4 Answers ]

When I type the following keys, they type two letters at once, please help. It takes so long to type! U - iu I - ui K - kj J - jk M - ,m , - m, 8 - 87 7 - 78

View more questions Search